Chevy SSR Forum banner

2013 LVMS Laps for Charity

10K views 118 replies 31 participants last post by  Purple Hawk 
#1 · (Edited)
2013 Laughlin Run Sunday Event will be a run up to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to do their annual "Laps for Charity" after the Farewell Breakfast.
This invitation is Also for the Corvette Folks as well!

There has been a Great turn out for this event, and it will be back due to popular demand. You Guys made the Nicest impression for any Groups last year and they are thrilled to have us return this time.

I have contacted LVMS and, to date, this is the info that I have so far. There will be updates coming, when I receive them, so stay tuned.

They do NOT have a flyer or printable entry form, yet.
They WILL have On-Line sign-up/payment in mid-December, like last year.

We WILL have Our 1:30PM time slot again this year.

There will be "Paper copies" of the entry form available in Laughlin, for last minute drivers as well as those not wanting to submit electronically. They will accept personal checks as well as credit card.

I will up-date this thread as soon as I receive more info from them (LVMS).

**Updated Flier below***

Registeration form:
https://lasvegas.speedwaycharities.org/events/speedway_children_s_charities_presents_laps_for_charity_/registration/

Here's something to give an idea what's available there....

Las Vegas Hotels | VEGAS.com

Update 07/17/2013
January 27th, Make it a full day of racing!!
As a thank you for supporting our Speedway Children’s Charities, we would like to invite you to come make some passes down the drag strip for only $25! We will be having an open session at the drag strip from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on January 27, 2013 and would like to invite you to participate at this discounted price. Just bring your receipt from the Laps for Charity event over to the drag strip and your entry will only be $25 for car/driver. We will have dedicated lanes for you so that you can race each other, challenge cars from other clubs, or just see what your car can do in the quarter mile. Spectator pricing is only $12 so bring your friends to cheer you on. Please let your members know about this and call me if you have any questions. We hope to see you at the strip!

Samantha Rudder
srudder@lvms.com

Update:1/22

Hello Everyone,

Here are the basic rules that will be in place for those of you who would like to take advantage of running your cars on the Drag Strip after the Laps For Charity event on Sunday. These apply to full-bodied street legal cars 2008 and newer that haven’t been altered and that run an E.T. of 9.99 or slower and less than 135 mph: (Please call me for additional requirements for Convertibles, T-Tops, roadsters, or non-stock vehicles)

Valid Driver’s License
Helmet Required for E.T. of 13.99 or quicker (SNELL 2005 or newer)
Long Pants, full coverage shoes and socks are required. No Tank Tops or open toe shoes.
Additional Protective Clothing Required for E.T. of 11.49 or quicker
Passengers not permitted if running an E.T. of 13.99 or quicker

If you have additional questions, please send me an email or give me a call.

Thank you,

Samantha Rudder
Racing Operations Assistant
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
7000 Las Vegas Blvd North
Las Vegas NV 89115
Phone: (702)632-8213
Toll Free: (800)644-4444 x 8213
Fax: (702)632-8235

Update 01/24/2013
Here is an up-date I got today.

Hello, Fanatics.

RAIN OR SHINE!
The operations dept. at the track said we will run!

See you there.
Paulette

Attachments

See less See more
#89 ·
Corvette Laps for Charity

Fuji,
My Corvette Club ( CRCC ) is going to run laps as their own group at 1 PM reseration time.

Carl :ssr

#107 ·
I am late to the party but would like to join you here. If it isn't to late I will sign up online for the track. My wife and I are coming from Laguna Niguel and would like to caravan back with other SSR's if possible. Any suggestions where we can stay Sunday night, have dinner with Fanitacs and then caravan back with others on Monday? Looking forward to the weekend! Thanks, Bob

#108 ·
Thanks for jining, Bob. There is a link to "Vegas.com" at the bottom of post #1. Seems the folks staying over on Sunday are scattered out, but there are some suggestions for a dinner get together in this thread.

#111 ·
January 27th, Make it a full day of racing!!

I just got this msg today.... Anyone interested???

As a thank you for supporting our Speedway Children’s Charities, we would like to invite you to come make some passes down the drag strip for only $25! We will be having an open session at the drag strip from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on January 27, 2013 and would like to invite you to participate at this discounted price. Just bring your receipt from the Laps for Charity event over to the drag strip and your entry will only be $25 for car/driver. We will have dedicated lanes for you so that you can race each other, challenge cars from other clubs, or just see what your car can do in the quarter mile. Spectator pricing is only $12 so bring your friends to cheer you on. Please let your members know about this and call me if you have any questions. We hope to see you at the strip!

Samantha Rudder
Drag Racing Operations
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas NV 89115
srudder@lvms.com

#112 ·
I just got this msg today.... Anyone interested???

Samantha Rudder
Drag Racing Operations
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas NV 89115
srudder@lvms.com
way cool! we have been wanting to race the wife in her TBSS to see who has the fastest truck. The SSR has 3:73 gears and the TBSS has 4:10's and awd,should be close

#113 ·
Update for the Drag Racers (also in Post #1)

Hello Everyone,

Here are the basic rules that will be in place for those of you who would like to take advantage of running your cars on the Drag Strip after the Laps For Charity event on Sunday. These apply to full-bodied street legal cars 2008 and newer that haven’t been altered and that run an E.T. of 9.99 or slower and less than 135 mph: (Please call me for additional requirements for Convertibles, T-Tops, roadsters, or non-stock vehicles)

Valid Driver’s License
Helmet Required for E.T. of 13.99 or quicker (SNELL 2005 or newer)
Long Pants, full coverage shoes and socks are required. No Tank Tops or open toe shoes.
Additional Protective Clothing Required for E.T. of 11.49 or quicker
Passengers not permitted if running an E.T. of 13.99 or quicker

If you have additional questions, please send me an email or give me a call.

Thank you,

Samantha Rudder
Racing Operations Assistant
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas NV 89115

#115 ·
Are there any contingencies for Sunday if it decides to Rain on the track?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.