Chevy SSR Forum banner

Wing Opinions

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Mellow Yellow 
#1 ·
#6 ·
First of all, I like the look of the spoiler and I think it adds to the appearance of the R.

The drawback is their 4-6 negative ratings involving paint not matching, poor material quality or not fitting properly. Obviously with over a 99% positive rating most people were happy with their purchase.

My major concern would be with them not working with the few "negative experience" customers to keep their rating at 100%.

With my luck I'd have some problem and they wouldn't make it easy to return the item and I'd be stuck with jumping through the hoops trying to return the item.

Dave

#7 ·
Dave my 2005 R came with this one already installed. I have to tell you I love it. Looks good and functions well. I did have to change the lifts because of the added weight of the spoiler. I believe I bought the lifts from Gary at Florida SS and they asked with wing or without. That will tell them about the weight and which lift is needed. Mike at Simple Engineering also sells the lift.

David

#10 ·
I have this wing on my R.......many compliments on how it blends in......not too gaudy.....so many to choose from....I originally ordered for my 04 Ricochet Silver (painted) and didn't get around to installing.....point being (the color match on the silver was great).....my paint shop matched the Slingshot Yellow perfectly when installed...good luck with your choice....an ole grunt

#11 · (Edited)
Okay.

Purchased the painted in black on eBay from the Spoiler Company (TSC) and received in less than a week. Extremely satisfied with the look and quality. Have to install it now, but the fit seems great...Tried photos, but black on black does no credit for the wing. So, the vendor's website shows it best. Okay?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.