Chevy SSR Forum banner

My first red SSR

3K views 29 replies 29 participants last post by  SSurfR 
#1 ·
In my whole imagination I never would have thought I would ever own a SSR must less a Red one. I know there are a bunch of red SSR's out there but I hope their R is as special to them as mine is to me. Took me 62 years but I think it's worth the wait.

#5 · (Edited)
In my whole imagination I never would have thought I would ever own a SSR must less a Red one. I know there are a bunch of red SSR's out there but I hope their R is as special to them as mine is to me. Took me 62 years but I think it's worth the wait.[/QU

Your lucky you choose the right color. Red is always faster.......or at least it always looks like it is going faster.

#9 ·
Welcome form one of the SoCal Nuts. All colors are great fun and generate Permagrin, but in spite of the comments above, if you search carefully you will find that Pacific Blue has been proven fastest and has lowest production number of all solid colors.
Because you are so close you should join us at Maggie Valley NC next month. Use the search button Unde TOOLS to find the thread for Maggie Valley 2017 and come meet a bunch of your new found family.

Reactions: CruDawg
#12 ·
For many of us, it was a "Dream Come True" when we purchased our SSR, so we know exactly how you feel!

Welcome to The Fanatic family and it won't be long until you completely understand about the Perma-grin!
:grin2: :blue:

#18 · (Edited)
Hd5054, according to another SSRfanatic who lives in the Carolina's, all the SSR's were supposed to be RED except the first 25 BUT ... they ran out of Red paint and painted some of them from the colors they had left over in the paint shop at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky !!! >:) GM is also selling some ocean front property in Arizona ... call BR549 for additional details >:) !!! Name not published per request !!! :ssr

#22 ·
Welcome from Missouri! Get out and drive it! The next time you drive a normal car you'll ask yourself, "how come no-one is looking at me?" If that wasn't part of why to buy a SSR (or any nice looking car), we'd all be driving gray 4 door Chevy Cobalts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.