Chevy SSR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For Sale: 2006 Pacific Blue 3SS 6 Speed FPR SSR

16K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  Bagger 
#1 ·
I’ve made the difficult decision to part with my SSR. Too many toys, not enough garage space and I need to restore a vehicle that has been like a family member. I’m the original owner of this Pacific Blue 6 speed 3SS Final Production Run truck. VIN #23714 with 56k miles. It has everything including the chrome package. Factory windscreen with pouch, hitch with cloth hitch bag, all three soft storage compartments for the back, cargo net and bar. Battery and engine cover painted Pacific Blue with a polished aluminum insert on the cover and metal lettering under the hood. I have two dust covers, one is black with SSR logo embroidered on it. Factory SSR detailing kit (never opened) in the black SSR embroidered vinyl pouch. Wolfie wing and quick disconnect front license plate bracket. Factory carpet floor mats and two sets of rubber mats. Also have a SSR bar stool, hard bound book on the history of the SSR and factory service manual (hard copy.) Other than a Magnaflow muffler, cast aluminum rear differential housing and a slight modification to the ECM by Joe, motor and drive train are stock. Amsoil lubricants used since 7k mile mark. Getting new Continentals up front on Tuesday along with an alignment. Planning on driving it to a Myrtle Beach car show in a couple weeks unless it’s sold. Asking $31,000.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow! Never thought I would see the day this occurred and didn't you get to drive this on the autobahn too?

Best to you on the sale and no doubt it will go quickly.

All the best!

#4 ·
Yes. Truck was in Germany from August 2012 till June 2015. Put a little less than 9k miles on while I was over there. Actually put more miles on my Harley. Here's a pic of on its first European road trip. Labor Day of 2012 I drove it to Bastogne, Belgium. The other pic is from its last road trip in May 2015 to Brazzeltag at the Sinsheim Technique Museum. Organizers asked me to do a lap on the course. For a moment I felt like a rockstar.

I know at some time I'll regret selling it. I simply don't have the space for everything I have and need the space.

Attachments

Reactions: mikebike
#16 · (Edited)
My favorite color too Charles. Every time I see one I think of Carolina Blue, not that I'm a Carolina basketball fan, but always like their colorful uniforms. Football uniforms in that color is a different story ... too blah !!! Back to the SSR, it really is a unique color. You should see BluMnM's, Mike & Melinda have added some really neat pin stripes that reminds me of the 50's pin stripping which we used to do on our 55 Chevy's, Mike & Melinda's look especially nice on the tail gate and the hood. Just a really nice job. Bob Alexander - tennesseecozydog - :ssr

#15 ·
Hi Art!!!

I'm still indebted to you from over a decade ago when you helped me solve my clutch boiling-over problem back before anyone really knew anything about it. It saved a very important cross-country trip and I've always wanted to thank you again for that.

So...thanks again, Art!!!

:)
Jeff

#19 ·
Still have the truck. Due to work keeping me on the road last year I haven't advertised outside the forum. Plan on getting it out there in the next month or so.

#20 ·
And we were all hoping that you decided to keep it! :banana

It sure is a beauty! Good Luck with the Sale and maybe someone is going to have a very special truck!

#37 ·
Mike, as a Lifetime Supporting Member, you should have no issues whatsoever with Email or phone number. You might want to check with admin or moderators re PMs - doesn't seem right that a supporting member would need to go through the same requirements as a non-supporting new member.

Haven't heard from you in a while - you still have a few trucks?

#29 ·
I’ve decided to keep the SSR. Long story short, once I told the wife what it would cost to restore the Blazer (more than what we paid for it in 1985…yes…I had some BIG plans) she wasn’t feeling it. She proceeded to remind me how crazy I was about the SSR when I got it back in July 2006 and that I sold a Vette to get it. She then asked if I thought I would regret selling the SSR down the road. My reply….absolutely. Took yesterday off and spent the day with the wife driving around in it. We had a blast. So it’s staying put, Blazer still may get two new doors and fresh paint. Will contact moderator to see if it’s appropriate to remove thread.

#32 ·
GREAT NEWS, Jim . . .

One point that stands out in my mind . . . while out running around in The Bummer ('86 Jeep CJ-7) probably 9 out of 10 of the "droolers" and/or wannabe buyers claim they had one before and sold it. They usually blame their wife but not always.

! :crazy ! :glol ! :crazy ! :glol ! :crazy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.