LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
SSR For Sale Trends

Some of you may know I have kept an SSR VIN Registry over the past several years, I believe beginning 2008
My registry has data on as many as I see
- for sale - price changes over time
- owners, locations (previous owners data)
- mileages
- options & mods
- wrecked

Over time I noticed many SSR's have multiple owners, but also on viewing Car Fax's there is a significant number of One Owner SSR's
With SSR's there seems to be a divide - One Time Owners - or those that change hands several times
The multi-owner SSR's is not necessarily a bad thing, as some of the very top end units have had multi - owners.
I feel this occurs as collectors/lovers purchase the cream - then move on to another love

Many of the 03/04/05 turn over regularly, but interesting that recently I have seen more than normal first time VIN's surface for sale.
Perhaps people, that have owned their SSR's for 10-12 yrs but have decided to sell, possibly due to age or health

What brought this to mind is I added 3 "new" VIN's today (but also a recent trend) - one time owners - couple of low mile
justbs549 and voodoophantom like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Dr Who
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red
My question would be...which is a better value. An SSR with low miles, but no improvements or a higher mile SSR with improvements. i.e. hydraulics rebuilt, fan change, radiator support replaced, etc. It would seem low miles would be preferred, but then again, it is still going to need work due to age.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:26 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 Pac Blue FPR auto #23823 build date 03/08/2006 ZR6 Zone Show Vehicle named BluByU
If I was to purchase a low mileage R with no history and has sat in a garage for most of its life, I'd worry about age related items such as weatherstripping, rubber hoses, belts, bushings, the battery and cables and even the wiring being compromised. On the other, a lower cost higher mileage vehicle with service records that has been looked after and items replaced as they either failed or deteriorated might be a better bet for trouble free motoring at least in the short term.

People love the low mileage examples and are willing to pay a premium to get them but whether it's worth it or not is anyone's guess.

Dave
Flying Dog likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Who View Post
My question would be...which is a better value. An SSR with low miles, but no improvements or a higher mile SSR with improvements. i.e. hydraulics rebuilt, fan change, radiator support replaced, etc. It would seem low miles would be preferred, but then again, it is still going to need work due to age.
I don't know if any of us has the answer to this stuff
All I know is I see some great SSR's for sale that are of great intrigue, varying miles, prices, years - but I think it all boils down to how you think the SSR has been looked after.

I saw a 2005 58k that looked great - a 2004 3.8k miles, no pictures
I loved them both, can give an opinion of value, but I go blind not being able to see them - plus, other fanatics are probably better at the hands on evaluation

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
On another note:
A lot of folks get upset about the value of the SSR, dropping or whatever.
I think the SSR has held value extremely well comparatively

Lately, I see SSR's being offered for sale at higher prices than those during 2010/11 offerings - usually much higher mileage.
This is usually the 2004's, so hang in there.

SSR's have kept values comparatively or better than Vette values over the past few years.
I think what you have to realize is every car depreciates - but the SSR hangs in with the best of them!
Flying Dog likes this.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:10 PM
My First Ride !

My SSR:
05 #18193 chrome wheels ,carpet kit , boards , gauge pack , sc tuner and a ton of mikes stuff
Value

Hi Cash .
Beauty and price are in the eye of the beholder. I bought my truck in 2015 with 33000 miles no real service history but was garaged and covered that I know of since 2008. I have done all maintenance and upgrades ( most everything from Mike in AZ ) I have 37000 on it now . I know my truck will stay in the family long after I'm gone , I'm going to just enjoy driving it . I don't care what miles I put on it and it's priceless to me ! Permagrin forever !!
spook, Flying Dog, HUAW and 3 others like this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:20 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey red View Post
I'm going to just enjoy driving it . I don't care what miles I put on it and it's priceless to me ! Permagrin forever !!
I'm searching for the appropriate handles for the sides, since it's going to be my coffin.

SSR Fanatics.....Knowledgeable friends, just a click away.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:31 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
05 Redline Red, chrome rims, runnin' boards, front splitter, rear spoiler "Power Glide"
What in the hell are you doing up at 2:20 am ??? I agree with Jersey Red, our 05 Redline Red is a DRIVER not a SITTER. Right now with this newly diagnosed Severe Degenerative Arthritis of the Spine, the SSR is actually the most comfortable ride we have. Bruce, our Redline Red will be the first vehicle behind the hearse when they carry me out of Woodfin's Funeral Home, Hope Jan can find a Redline Red casket in Woodfin's warehouse, if not maybe they can spray it. Bob Alexander
Flying Dog likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 01:03 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Aqua
Funny Bruce. I hope you are well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR for Sale Sections > SSRs for Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.