Doc's Chevy SSR 2003-2006 AIR CLEANER HOUSING Trim Bar Inserts - Chevy SSR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DakotaDocMartin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2005 SlingShot Yellow #14279 Corvette Servo/DiabloSport Predator/Flamed Engine Cover + more!
Doc's Chevy SSR 2003-2006 AIR CLEANER HOUSING Trim Bar Inserts

2003-2006 Chevrolet SSR billet aluminum air cleaner housing trim bar inserts. (Air cleaner housing NOT INCLUDED).

I "found" a box of 100+ of my air cleaner trim bars in the as-cut and unfinished condition on a shelf in my shop. I forgot where I had put them! I'm going to sell them unfinished and you can customize them any way you want to. Chrome, powder coat, paint, texture, brush... do them the way YOU want them.
[/B]

Click to order on eBay:
2003-2006 Chevrolet Chevy SSR Billet Aluminum AIR CLEANER HOUSING Trim Bars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 10:46 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'06 Smokin' Asphalt / Ricochet Silver Metallic
Too bad they're not polished or I'd be interested.

I may not have ended up where I intended to go, but I know I've ended up where I'm intended to be...starting out with nothing and still having most of it left!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 SlingShot Yellow #14279 Corvette Servo/DiabloSport Predator/Flamed Engine Cover + more!
BTT

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BTT

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BTT!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BTT

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 04:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Born on 12/23/04, adopted 07/06/16, From TN to CA. Once a farm truck, Now a SoCal cruiser.
Garage
Hello Doc

Best way to break them apart ?

SHAKATAK
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
Hello Doc

Best way to break them apart ?
If you want to get the front half of the air cleaner housing off, you take the bolts out like you do when you change the air filter.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:15 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Born on 12/23/04, adopted 07/06/16, From TN to CA. Once a farm truck, Now a SoCal cruiser.
Garage
I meant the trim inserts, how do you break them apart ?

SHAKATAK
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
I meant the trim inserts, how do you break them apart ?
The laser leaves a tiny tab on both ends to hold them in the aluminum sheet. Just twist them back and forth a couple times and they will break out. Carefully file or sand them and finish them the way you want to. Automotive trim adhesive works to mount them. Be sure the plastic on the air cleaner housing is clean.
shakatak likes this.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BTT!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
BTT!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR for Sale Sections > SSR Parts for Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.