Drivers Side Mirror - Chevy SSR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldxr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Drivers Side Mirror

My drivers side mirror has gone to amber and so I'm need of a replacement.. If someone has one they would like to sell would you please contact me........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:06 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
Lonnie lights #43,confidence by simple Engineering
Send a message via Yahoo to abadssr
Time to change out to muth mirrors they have turn signal in them . Simple engineering carries them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:12 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 PITCH BLACK, MUTH Mirrors, BGH Tips, Eibach's, Pioneer Navigation, Old school flames, air horns
Garage
Sold mirror.
voodoophantom likes this.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

How much do you have to take apart to change to Muth Mirrors.. I haven't been able to find anything on how the mirrors come out
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:23 PM
one of the SoCal Nuts

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodman View Post
How much do you have to take apart to change to Muth Mirrors.. I haven't been able to find anything on how the mirrors come out
Go to https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D...F39D9F5ADCE5E5 and find the power point for MUTH MIRROR Inst. It should answer all your questions, thanks to our friend Dicktator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Thank You Blue Streak, I looked in the library and missed that one.. Is it that much work just to change out an OME mirror, because if it is I think I'm going to have to look at a amber mirror for a while because that change is way over my ability.......
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:18 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Pacific Blue, Auto, 3SS, with Chrome Pkg. Designated as GM Zone Show Vehicle.
Quote:
Thank You Blue Streak, I looked in the library and missed that one.. Is it that much work just to change out an OME mirror, because if it is I think I'm going to have to look at a amber mirror for a while because that change is way over my ability.......
Installing the OEM mirror is relatively simple and you only have to change the glass. If you are being offered one for $50 that is a good price.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Can someone explain how the OME mirror comes out without taking the thing off the door
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 AM
Supporting SSR Hobbyist

My SSR:
"BLOWN06" Pac Blue #21661 Born 8/29/05
Quote:
Can someone explain how the OME mirror comes out without taking the thing off the door
There are three ball joints behind the mirror that mount the back of the glass to the mirror housing.

The mount in the center is the major pivot. This is what holds the mirror to the housing.

There is a small jack screw half way between the center mount and the left (or right edge (depending on which mirror you ar working on). This is what moves the mirror left or right when you adjust it electrically. It connects to the back of the mirror with a very small ball-and-socket joint. Be careful to align the small indexing key to the slot on the mirror when installing it.

The third mounting point is another jack screw (identical to the left-right adjuster) that is either above or below the center knuckle. It is responsible for the up and down movement. Again, it has an alignment key that must coincide with the slot on the back of the mirror.

This is NOT a complicated system. It is one pivot in the center with adjusters for up-down and left-right attached to the back of the mirror. To get it out, just push the mirror to the full left or full right position inside the housing, get your fingers behind the glass and yank it out. All three ball joints will release the mirror. You just need to be brave and not pussy-foot around........

Mike

Trust and Generosity are contagious.

One of the "Blues Brothers"

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 PITCH BLACK, MUTH Mirrors, BGH Tips, Eibach's, Pioneer Navigation, Old school flames, air horns
Garage
Mike....you forgot about the part where part of your body puckers up when your pushing on that mirror to set it......🤡
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Daily Driver

My SSR:
'06- Silver/Copper- 121421
When installing the mirror should those two jackscrews be fully extended, fully retracted, or in the middle?

SSR Fanatics.....Knowledgeable friends, just a click away.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:17 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Turn mirror all the way in so you can get your fingers behind the mirror. The mirror is mounted in a hard plastic. Have fun and pucker up!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Thank You All
Sounds like you just yank it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR for Sale Sections > SSR Parts for Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.