Chevy SSR Forum banner

Floyd's Trailer Raffle

11K views 107 replies 46 participants last post by  REBEL 
#1 · (Edited)
Floyd built a fabulous trailer for hauling his SSR parts hobby to events all over the country. Many of us have marveled at his ingenuity and creativity and his trailer was no exception.

After some brainstorming and some outside-the-box thought contribution by our friend Dictator, the collective “we” decided that raffling the trailer was the right thing to do. It is clearly the best way to get this trailer to a good home and to optimize the cash into the estate.

We are now selling 100 raffle tickets at $100 each, with the proceeds going directly to Floyd's estate. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn at the 2017 Maggie Valley SSR rally in May. It is my understanding that Floyd's daughter, Melissa Bailey, will be at the rally in Maggie Valley to draw the winning ticket. This is appropriate, since Maggie Valley was Floyd's favorite rally.

Winner of the Trailer Raffle will be responsible for picking up the trailer in Tennessee. The trailer WILL NOT be in Maggie Valley. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing.

PLEASE communicate with me via email to trailerraffle@cox.net when you want to purchase a ticket. Your email should include:

SSR Fanatic Screen name
Name
Address
Phone number

Payment will be accepted in two forms only:

PayPal as “Friends and Family” directly to trailerraffle@cox.net
Or
Send a personal check or Money order to Debbie Moro, 3844 E. Tanglewood Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85048

In either case, a validation ticket will be sent back to you.

Thanks for your support

Debbie

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mike and Debbie thanks for taking on this endeavor, I've talked to Floyd several times and bought several items from him. Even though I only live a hour south of his facility I regret not driving up to see him person. My question is about his trailer. I know he used it to take his products to different rallys, how much modification would be needed for usage of hauling luggage and such. Would you have to remove bins, shelves and such? Thanks again Robert

#5 ·
Sorry, we don't have any photos of the inside. Perhaps one of the SSR family has taken a snapshot or two that they could post for us.

The trailer is built on a custom chassis with an axle that Floyd built and custom hubs to use OEM rear wheels. I know he spent a HUGE amount of money building this one. The front end of the trailer (both the lower portion and "hood") was hand laid by a local boat builder in Tennessee.

The rear cargo area has carpeting and bed strips with the cover on the inside of the lid. There is also a full length "pull-out" tray that Floyd used to hold all of his parts. This could easily be removed.

The front compartment has the spare tire and battery inside (used to electrically open the front and to electrically put down the trailer wheel). There is a lot of storage area in the front as well. It is about 20" longer than the hood of your SSR and about 16" deep.

Regards,

OH..... Hi Melissa :cheer: :cheer:

#13 ·
From post #1

We are now selling 100 raffle tickets at $100 each, with the proceeds going directly to Floyd's estate. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn at the 2017 Maggie Valley SSR rally in May. It is my understanding that Floyd's daughter, Melissa Bailey, will be at the rally in Maggie Valley to draw the winning ticket. This is appropriate, since Maggie Valley was Floyd's favorite rally.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

#24 ·
I imagine many Fanatics wonder: What will I use it for and where can I store it when not using it? At least those are my thoughts about it...

However, I'm sending you the money with PayPal tonight! Just seems to be a good thing to do in memory of FloydI!

Oh, I'll need to have Marty and Dee bring back to Defiance for me if I win it! :thumbs

#26 ·
Just remind Marty that his trailer will probably fit inside Floyd's so that will not be an issue.:wink2:

Reactions: HUAW
#34 ·
Trailer harness should be taped to the left frame rail.

Towing a small trailer is easy. Backing it up is a different story.

I've been towing boats for 30 years. Backing up a 25 ft boat trailer is a piece of cake. Backing up a 12 ft junk trailer is a whole different deal - it reacts way quicker, so requires a slower process than what you're used to with a 45 ft trailer.:wink2:

Reactions: Jersey red
#36 ·
I already purchased winning ticket

This is some kind of trailer!!!! Have you got your ticket yet? See the attached photo's in the first post. It's a beauty!!
Just because I purchased the winning ticket already does not mean you all should not jump in and support the cause. There is a chance I guess that I dont have the winning ticket but it sure seems like the trailer would be a perfect fit for my R:ssr

Attachments

#38 ·
I wanted to take a minute to apologize for my disappearing act this last week. I know that some of you have sent PMs and emails that I have not responded to.

I had surgery last Wednesday and have been been pretty groggy from pain medication. Feeling better and will get back to all of you by tomorrow.

To all of you who have sent money for tickets, I will get them sent to you.

PLEASE keep the momentum rolling. We have several tickets left for this beautiful trailer and time is running out.

Mikey's Squeeze

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.