Chevy SSR Forum banner

Need an OEM front license plate bracket

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DCailin 
#1 ·
I need to find someone with an OEM front license plate bracket they are looking to sell. A friend of mine has a 2005 SSR that got damaged while parked at a car show. He got lucky that he only needs to replace the bowtie and the bracket with buffable scuffs to the bumper itself. Though I'm not sure lucky would be the way he describes it... Many thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
mighty foog ~~ friends don't let friends drill holes in OE front body fascia!!

There are alternatives. Simple Engineering sells a kit to mount that frt. license plate w/o drilling any holes. Mike, the owner of SE is an SSR owner and contributor. He will be happy to help you out. :thumbs

Welcome to the site from Houston, Texas!!! :00000732:

===============
David :black:

#8 ·
Ideally you are all right, no drill definitely the way to go. He purchased the SSR used with the bracket already installed. It has the factory original paint and he doesn't want to have to respray the bumper after fixing the screw holes. Thanks for the tip though. Hollister SSR extra thanks, I will send ya PM.

#10 ·
There are a lot of really wonderful and helpful people on this forum. However, I am guessing that there are also a number of fanatics that just love the SSR so much that they cannot imagine leaving a poor truck out there with holes in its fascia without something to cover them with...
Just a theory. They may not be nice but rather really fanatical about SSR appearance. :jester

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.