User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy SSR Forum > SSR for Sale Sections > SSR Parts for Sale/Wanted

SsrFanatic.com is the premier Chevrolet SSR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

My SSR:
2004 Yellow
View CarterSSR's Photo Gallery
OEM SSR Indoor Cover with bag

I just bought this cover and it's like new. I just didn't realize it was going to be so heavy. I was thinking this was a light weight nylon cover. It is the Chevy OEM SSR Indoor Cover with the SSR logo and it is black. Of course fitted to the SSR. If you need a photo I can take photo and e-mail or PM to you. Price $100 plus $20 shipping via UPS Ground. First PM get it.
CarterSSR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

View PGPD's Photo Gallery
Car cover

PM Sent
PGPD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Auto Redline Red #20727.... Born on 05/05/05...
View OP...'s Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterSSR View Post
I just bought this cover and it's like new. I just didn't realize it was going to be so heavy. I was thinking this was a light weight nylon cover. It is the Chevy OEM SSR Indoor Cover with the SSR logo and it is black. Of course fitted to the SSR. If you need a photo I can take photo and e-mail or PM to you. Price $100 plus $20 shipping via UPS Ground. First PM get it.
Get your lighterweight SSR fitted covers here.

Car Covers - Simple Engineering

Please Note.. Any spelling and/or grammer mistakes are copyright of the author.. Mistakes will be numerous and common...
OP... is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

My SSR:
2004 Yellow
View CarterSSR's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPD View Post
PM Sent
Nick, You were the first to reply so the cover is yours. Please see my PM. Thanks, CarterSSR
CarterSSR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

View PGPD's Photo Gallery
Sorry, busy weekend at work, you have a PM. Thanks
PGPD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

View Hi Sheriff's Photo Gallery
Red OEM engine inser

Just purchased a 2006 SSR Pacific Blue I have in factory box a red engine insert new, I need to exchange for a Pacific Blue one. This is my first post not sure if I'm posting in right location.
Hi Sheriff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Supporting SSR Hobbyist

My SSR:
"BLOWN06" Pac Blue #21661 Born 8/29/05
View Mike in AZ's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Sheriff View Post
Just purchased a 2006 SSR Pacific Blue I have in factory box a red engine insert new, I need to exchange for a Pacific Blue one. This is my first post not sure if I'm posting in right location.
Not exactly the right location, but that's OK.... Usually, you would post a new thread on this forum for finding something, but since you have less than 5 posts, your ability to start a thread is disabled. Be patient.... it will come.

First, welcome to the forum. This is a great group of friendly people who will help guide you through anything that is bothering you or your SSR.

I have owned a Pacific Blue SSR since they were first available in late 2005. When I bought mine, it did not come with an insert..... this is because GM deleted all inserts from the standard parts list and made all engine cover inserts an optional part that had to be ordered. So I did. I went through all possible avenues to get one. I even had the GM part number for the insert.... that was great, except that GM never made a single one of them. The PAcific Blue was a 2006 only color and they neglected to stock any of the inserts in our color. By the time they got around to thinking about it, GM had decided to close the product line, so they nixed the Pac Blue cover.

My recommendation is to take the red one that you have and have it painted to match your truck. The Pacific Blue paint is available and they can do it. If you can do it yourself, you can order a spray can of the paint from the dealer and a can of clear and make it happen. You can also use paint stripper on the red one and find that the aluminum under the paint is already polished. You can polish it more yourself, or take it to a polisher and have him do it. Just be careful removing the paint, so that you don't scratch the aluminum. It's pretty soft.

Good to have you on board. Hope this helps.

Mike

One of the "Blues Brothers"

www.simple-engineering.com
Mike in AZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

View Hi Sheriff's Photo Gallery
Thanks for the advise, I'm a little slow on where to post or ask questions, first forum I've been involved in. How do you deal with the SSR logo on insert to save it or replace it?

Terry.
Hi Sheriff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 FPR Smokin Asphalt/Rocochet Silver Vin # 1GCES14H86B123533
View jgssr's Photo Gallery
You'll need to be very carful around the SSR logo. You can also get a spray can of paint at some auto body paint stores. A can won't be cheap. figure some where between $27.00 -$40.00. I use a paint store in Indepence, MO and they match the Redline color perfect. Don't forget pictures when you get done.
Good Luck.
jgssr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR for Sale Sections > SSR Parts for Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.