Chevy SSR Forum banner

Tozbee's Solid Aluminum Hood Emblem with Alternate Font

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  river_rat 
#1 · (Edited)
I have approached Tammy/Jake with the possibility of producing their solid aluminum hood emblem with the 47-53 CHEVROLET font. This would require programming the font for the contours of the hood emblem into code for the milling machine. The additional cost for this Alternate Emblem would range from marginal to upwards of $150 depending upon interest and the number produced. The additional price would go down with a greater number produced.

This thread is to gauge interest in such an Alternate Emblem. Again it could be produced with/without the grooves on the ends. If you are SERIOUSLY interested in acquiring such an emblem, please post only in this thread and only for this ALTERNATIVE (no other options in this thread please). This is to gauge SERIOUS interest and determine the cost of such an emblem.

For those of you that are not familiar with this font, see the attached pics. The Alternate Hood emblem would have letter spacing and size similar to the modern font on the OEM emblem.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Gary

I would be interested in doing this with you! (Picture below of actual emblem for the 47-53 truck showing the font) Also I would want mine chromed, so I've been waiting to see what the chromed emblem they are having done looks like? Going to check this week with my local chrome shop to see what they will charge to chrome one.

Rope

Attachments

#5 ·
Please Note - The picture that Rope posted was for showing the font. That particular emblem in his picture was for the actual 47-53 truck hood. There is no room on the SSR emblem that would fit the OEM hood for the Bowtie. The Alternate if produced would be the same as those shown in Tozbee's other thread, but have the 47-53 font.

P.S. I too would be getting our emblem chromed to match the exterior chrome package on our truck.

Thanks Gary

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.