Chevy SSR Forum banner

ASC Dream Cruise Party on August 15

11K views 116 replies 28 participants last post by  Scott 0168 
#1 ·
Inviting all SSR and ASC (i.e. American Sunroof Company) friends and family to the ASC Dream Cruise picnic on Friday, August 15 in the parking lot of the Village Playhouse at 34660 Woodward, Birmingham, MI, near the intersection of Woodward and Chestnut. Lunch will be served from noon to 2pm; dinner from 5-7 pm.

We are using this event to help prepare for ASC's 50th anniversary in 2015. Please help us by bringing your SSR or ASC cars, photos, items & stories. We will have a film crew on hand. Prizes will be given out for sharing your images, mementos and stories with us. ASC cars will be given reserved parking spaces, so please let us know if you have one.

Please RSVP by August 6 at ASC50@ascglobal.com. And of course, feel free to send a note if you have any questions or need more details.

We hope to see you there. And share this with your SSR/ASC friends and fans!

#8 ·
Hotel Room's

I heard rooms at the Residence Inn were already full! You can call there and double check. Their Ph. #586-558-8050

As of last week The Courtyard by Marriott still had rooms available!
Their Ph. #586-751-5777. They are located at 30190 Van **** Ave, Warren, MI. 48093.
As some of you old timers may remember, The Courtyard by Marriott is the original hotel where we stayed during the Woodward Dream Cruise in past years!
Its located almost in front of the Residence Inn where some of us are staying this year.

:black: :)

#13 ·
I heard rooms at the Residence Inn were already full! You can call there and double check. Their Ph. #586-558-8050

As of last week The Courtyard by Marriott still had rooms available!
Their Ph. #586-751-5777. They are located at 30190 Van **** Ave, Warren, MI. 48093.
As some of you old timers may remember, The Courtyard by Marriott is the original hotel where we stayed during the Woodward Dream Cruise in past years!
Its located almost in front of the Residence Inn where some of us are staying this year.

ttt

#10 ·
ASC event

Thanks for bringing this event to our attention. I have sent an email to the organizer asking if they can handle our group from a size perspective. When I receive a reply, I will let you know. Sounds like a good excuse for a party and a way for the SSR to continue to get recognized for what a unique vehicle it is.

#18 ·
Inviting all SSR and ASC (i.e. American Sunroof Company) friends and family to the ASC Dream Cruise picnic on Friday, August 15 in the parking lot of the Village Playhouse at 34660 Woodward, Birmingham, MI, near the intersection of Woodward and Chestnut. Lunch will be served from noon to 2pm; dinner from 5-7 pm.

We are using this event to help prepare for ASC's 50th anniversary in 2015.
I see this as a very interesting statement. Since GM is throwing a lot of money at local venues and has stated that it is committed to future year involvement as well, next years ASC offering could be an interesting event. I hope this years goes well, but I gotta say, if this had been announced earlier there might have been more R's in attendance. Please consider developing the event and coordinating with the SSR community a little sooner next year :thumbs

#28 ·
ASC attendees - sticking around for cruise on Sat??

Right now it appears we have the original 10 Fanatics plus at least 7 more coming on Friday nominally for the ASC gathering. I have sent the complete list to ASC and I believe 5 or so of you have RSVP'd to them individually. Still waitng to hear back from them as a group.

My question to the new 7, since some of you are from PA and OH etc ,are you planning on sticking around for Saturday's Cruise? As you might know we decided a month ago not to rent the Chase lot due to low attendance but if we now have 17 or more SSRs then perhaps we should rent the lot so we can control the traffic in and out, set up a tent/canopy, have a bbq etc. Right now we can use the lot but must allow public access , no bbq etc. So what do you all say - let's go for the rental and make it another official Fanatics party?? Please post your reply or PM me with your thoughts, and quickly please. If we decide to go with the rental I have to move quick, let the bank know, obtain insurance, etc. Thanks

#29 ·
Right now it appears we have the original 10 Fanatics plus at least 7 more coming on Friday nominally for the ASC gathering. I have sent the complete list to ASC and I believe 5 or so of you have RSVP'd to them individually. Still waitng to hear back from them as a group.

My question to the new 7, since some of you are from PA and OH etc ,are you planning on sticking around for Saturday's Cruise? As you might know we decided a month ago not to rent the Chase lot due to low attendance but if we now have 17 or more SSRs then perhaps we should rent the lot so we can control the traffic in and out, set up a tent/canopy, have a bbq etc. Right now we can use the lot but must allow public access , no bbq etc. So what do you all say - let's go for the rental and make it another official Fanatics party?? Please post your reply or PM me with your thoughts, and quickly please. If we decide to go with the rental I have to move quick, let the bank know, obtain insurance, etc. Thanks

I'm local and I'm in for Saturday.

Phil

:yellow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.