Chevy SSR Forum banner

The Maggie Valley Rally

6K views 71 replies 17 participants last post by  HarleyGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
OK gang, less than one month to go!!! :banana

If you've been putting off making your reservations, or just haven't decided whether you're going or not, it's time NOW to make your decision and your reservations (See the Southeast Thread for more info).

Some of us will be leaving Michigan early A.M. on Thursday, May 15th and will head south on I-75.

Everyone is invited and welcome to join our "caravan".

Our first rendezvous point will be near Perrysburg, OH, and our second will be near Florence, KY.

OK Gang, here we go:

If there's anyone that would like to rendezvous with us in Perrysburg, OH, we'll meet at I-75 (Exit #193) at the Speedway gas station @ 5:30AM.

We'll me at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Florence, KY on Thursday, May 15th at 9:00AM.
From I-75, its Exit # 182. The address is 7399 Turfway Rd., Florence, KY.

As soon as we can confirm how may "Fanatics" will be in our group, I'll see if we can be seated together.

Hopefully, we can meet, eat, and be on the road by 10:00AM.

For some of us, this will require either a very early morning departure from home to be in Florence by 9:00AM, or as in some others are doing, spending Wednesday night in Florence somewhere close to the Cracker Barrel restaurant.

Let's all fill our gas tanks in Florence--before we meet if possible.

Please post here or send me a PM and let me know if you're planning on joining us either in Perrysburg, OH or Florence, KY.

BTW, if you have a two way radio, charge your batteries and bring it along.

See less See more
#63 ·
Got home yesterday evening around 6:15PM, all safe and sound.

Pulled the bra covers off and thankfully NO apparent paint chips or dings!!!

Unloaded and put the "R away dirty but it looks like the weather will be nicer towards the end of the week so I'll get around to cleaning it by the weekend.

SO, the weather wasn't so nice for the Rally, but we did at least have a nice "break" that allowed us to have the car show at the dealership before the sprinkles arrived.

We got to meet some new friends, so overall, I'd say the entire trip was a huge success!

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, Alex posted a "link" to Fred Waring's (the guy at the Chevy dealership who managed the show for us) e-mail address, so you may want to send him a short "thank you" note.

#71 ·
Great meeting and traveling with you guys. Forgive my tardiness on this post thanking everyone for helping the rookie. Was a wonderful experience in every way. What a close family environment! Traveled back with Bill & Lisa (Yellow Flame), lunch along the way, splitting up at Lexington, KY, they went to Louisville and I to Indy. Ready for MV again. Safe travels to everyone. Bill

#72 ·
Bill;

There are more events other than Maggie Valley.
Check out the Woodward Dream Cruise thread.
Not as many SSR's attending but the event has attendance of about MILLION folks and a whole bunch of interesting cars to watch.
You can also "join" the constant parade of cars doing their thing cruising up and down Woodward Ave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.