Chevy SSR Forum banner

The Maggie Valley Rally

6K views 71 replies 17 participants last post by  HarleyGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
OK gang, less than one month to go!!! :banana

If you've been putting off making your reservations, or just haven't decided whether you're going or not, it's time NOW to make your decision and your reservations (See the Southeast Thread for more info).

Some of us will be leaving Michigan early A.M. on Thursday, May 15th and will head south on I-75.

Everyone is invited and welcome to join our "caravan".

Our first rendezvous point will be near Perrysburg, OH, and our second will be near Florence, KY.

OK Gang, here we go:

If there's anyone that would like to rendezvous with us in Perrysburg, OH, we'll meet at I-75 (Exit #193) at the Speedway gas station @ 5:30AM.

We'll me at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Florence, KY on Thursday, May 15th at 9:00AM.
From I-75, its Exit # 182. The address is 7399 Turfway Rd., Florence, KY.

As soon as we can confirm how may "Fanatics" will be in our group, I'll see if we can be seated together.

Hopefully, we can meet, eat, and be on the road by 10:00AM.

For some of us, this will require either a very early morning departure from home to be in Florence by 9:00AM, or as in some others are doing, spending Wednesday night in Florence somewhere close to the Cracker Barrel restaurant.

Let's all fill our gas tanks in Florence--before we meet if possible.

Please post here or send me a PM and let me know if you're planning on joining us either in Perrysburg, OH or Florence, KY.

BTW, if you have a two way radio, charge your batteries and bring it along.

See less See more
#9 ·
On the road again!!!!

HI GLEN,what time do you think you will be stopping at Perrysburg, Ohio and where are you going to be, exit193,? we can meet you there.. Marv is also wondering where you will be eating breakfast and maybe meeting you there, let us know and we will see what works. Take care and it will be good to see everyone again
Judy

#13 · (Edited)
HI GLEN,what time do you think you will be stopping at Perrysburg, Ohio and where are you going to be, exit193,? we can meet you there.. Marv is also wondering where you will be eating breakfast and maybe meeting you there, let us know and we will see what works. Take care and it will be good to see everyone again
Judy
Judy;
At this time, 32Revolver and I are the only ones meeting in Perrysburg at 6:30AM.
We've used the Speedway service station (on the s/w corner of the exit) many times as a rendezvous point and usually grab a drink and stop and continue traveling.
If you folks want to have breakfast in Perrysburg I think there's a Cracker Barrel and a Bob Evans (near the n/e corner of this exit) y'all could eat there and then meet us at the Speedway at 6:30AM.

#11 ·
Hey Flying Dog, 11 o'clock in Florence, Kentucky is 10:00 am CDT. Don't forget you lose and hour traveling east. Have a safe trip. I think we have 7 meeting in Chattanooga and coming into Maggie Valley on the back side. tennesseecozydog :ssr
Hey Bob, We might take a leisurely drive over there on Wednesday and spend the night and have a nice dinner just so we don't get stressed out.

#27 ·
Walk is talkies

OK gang, less than one month to go!!! :banana

If you've been putting off making your reservations, or just haven't decided whether you're going or not, it's time NOW to make your decision and your reservations (See the Southeast Thread for more info).

Some of us will be leaving Michigan early A.M. on Thursday, May 15th and will head south on I-75.

Everyone is invited and welcome to join our "caravan".

Our first rendezvous point will be near Perrysburg, OH, and our second will be near Florence, KY.

OK Gang, here we go:

If there's anyone that would like to rendezvous with us in Perrysburg, OH, we'll meet at I-75 (Exit #193) at the Speedway gas station @ 6:30AM.

We'll me at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Florence, KY on Thursday, May 15th at 11:00AM.
From I-75, its Exit # 182. The address is 7399 Turfway Rd., Florence, KY.

As soon as we can confirm how may "Fanatics" will be in our group, I'll see if we can be seated together.

Hopefully, we can meet, eat, be back on the road before noon.

Let's all fill our gas tanks in Florence--before we meet if possible.

Please post here or send me a PM and let me know if you're planning on joining us either in Perrysburg, OH or Florence, KY.

BTW, if you have a two way radio, charge your batteries and bring it along.
Glen,
What channel are we using for the two way radios?

#31 ·
Poor reception for cell phones is always a possibility in the mountains or rural areas.

Our main purpose for using radios is to have everyone included and involved in all communications at the same time.:director:

The secondary reason is......entertainment!
You'd be surprised what you can learn from, and about your fellow traveling companions on a multi-day journey.:yesnod

#42 ·
Marv and I are leaving Texas tomorrow morning, very early, and will be home Tuesday PM. We will leave home on wednesday to get to Florence, Kentucky for the night. See all of you there!!!
Judy

Slight Hijack. Ya'll have a lot of miles ahead of you, drive / be careful. Looking forward to seeing you, been a while. :grouphug

#57 ·
Mike's RCM arrived today. Headed home to install it. R will then be ready to go. Most other stuff packed. Wish I were leaving tomorrow, really getting excited!! Looks like we will get wet on our caravan from Florence. At least we will be "Ridin-in-Style"! Safe travels to all. See you at 9 AM at CB. Bill

#58 ·
here we come!!!

Well.......we are home from Texas. Now to unpack and re pack for Maggie Valley. Then early tomorrow we get back on the road to meet up with the gang in Kentucky. TIRED...should get some sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!See all of you soon, safe travel to all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.