Chevy SSR Forum banner

SECOND ANNUAL GATHERING OF SSR's AT BAKERS OF MILFORD (MICHIGAN) SUNDAY JULY 10th

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  stevenbr 
#1 · (Edited)
Going to try have this year's Gathering Of SSR's at Bakers Of Milford on Sunday July 10th. Will be our second annual. Last year I believe we had 6 or 7 SSR owners so up. So we will try it again. Hopefully we can get more SSR owner's to come out
I will check the weather the day before and if it looks "iffy" I will check again the morning of and it looks like the weather is going to be rainy I will post a cancellation and have a rain date for the next Sunday.
Bakers of Milford is West of the Detroit Metro area on Milford Rd. approx 3 miles North of I-96 (there is an exit off the freeway #155). Use the Milford exit if your West bound not the South Lyon exit.
They have what is billed as the largest free cruise-in in the Midwest. If the weather is nice there will be appox. 200-300 classic & high performance cars/trucks there. It is a first come first serve on parking.

Bakers Webpage:
Restaurant, Banquet Facility & Lounge - Milford, MI

The Sunday Cruise-In web page:
Sunday Night Cruise

Map:
Map & Directions

I will be there right at 10am to try and save some spots. If anyone has a SSR Fanatics sign of some sort please bring it.
Shady spots are at a premium so try and get there as early as you can. The "official" start time of the cruise-in is 3pm but people tart arriving as early as 9am some Sunday's.
Bakers has a full serve restaurant plus they set up an outside grill that serves burgers & dogs, chips & sodas starting around 1pm or so.
There is a Dairy Queen across the street. There is also some sort of Putt Putt golf thing there.
Also there is a party store deli right next door but it burnt down late last summer but they did rebuild, looks like it is almost done, was told they were supposed to reopen last weekend but as of last Sunday it had not opened yet.
Please let me know if you plan on coming so I can get an idea of how many parking spots to try and save. Just post a reply no PM's needed.

Not much else that I can add so hopefully we will see you there.

Greg & Gina Ann Arbor, MI.

See less See more
#4 ·
Might Have To Cancel The Gathering Of SSR's in Michigan Due To Little Response!

Have only received one reply to my posting about hosting a Gathering Of SSR's at Bakers' Of Milford in MIchigan this Sunday. Unless I get more interest in the event I will not try saving any parking spots for other SSR owner's. I will be there with my SSR (as I usually go most Sunday's with one of my "classic's").
So if you plan on attending please post a reply here.

thanks

#6 ·
Hey Greg, My Son and I will be there around 11:30 - Thanks, for doing the organizing!

#9 ·
Nice meeting you Greg and Thanks again for setting things up - had a great time!

Thanks also to Ed for doing his permanent fuse box fix, in the parking lot!

Great meeting the rest of the gang, too!

#10 ·
Want to say thanks to everyone who came out. Again Ed thanks for doing the fuse box fix on my 05 and for all the other tips we talked about. Had a great time meeting everyone and will plan on doing it again around the same time next summer.

Greg in Ann Arbor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.