Chevy SSR Forum banner

Dicktator coming to San Jose

4K views 43 replies 10 participants last post by  Hollister SSR 
#1 · (Edited)
He has the following dates open to meet and give presentation.

Per PM from Dicktator he is available on the following dates:

"May 16th Monday
May 17th Tuesday
and May 19th Thursday.

Morning/afternoon or evening OPEN!

I would be glad to do Tech Seminar for NoCal Chapter or who ever.

Last time we did one, it was at Bar/Grill that gave us a room to use.

Like to have projector for flash drive. We can project on wall, if need be.

You are free to post on Site that I am available and would be glad to meet everyone."

Being as I am still employed, late afternoon/evening works best for me.

I am new to the SSR community and have not yet met any fanatics in and around the bay area.

The 16th is the only date that works for me as I am leaving for Mexico early Wednesday morning. But I can always meet Dick on the side.

Please feel free to set something up if you want to meet the famous Dicktator. If I can't make the date that's OK.

I can host at my house if attendance is not more than 10 or 12. I have a home theater where Dick can present.

Who is attending:

baumsteiger169
Hollister SSR
HTSSROD (2)

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi Dicktator,
Well Well, I guess I will have the chance to get you that shot of Capt Morgan !
And I may have to owe you a few more ??

Unfortunately, My Black R seems to have some ghost knocks in the engine.:(( Thought it was just me ,hearing things, yet, when the Chevy Dealer (they have had it for a week now) heard the knock ,my heart sank.
I have scoured the Fanatics and read tons of posts and mag articles. Gotten some good info and will put it to use when the dealer opens , monday. I've posted a few help threads and gotten some feedback.

My head is still spinning on this one?? I think, hoping I can find something... , other than a complete rebuild or a crate install. Either is quite pricey!!

Any ideas from you , or others are helpful.

Nonetheless, I will look forward to meeting you in May, and getting you that Morgan shot.

Thanks for all your help , again !

Chris,
Black"R"

#6 ·
Hi nowandthen,

Guess we will all get together sooner than later and with the Dicktator as well, all the way from FLA !
This sounds like a great time. Please be sure to include me on this one.
Let me know the time , date and location, you are thinking. I will help out and bring whatever, in any form I can.

Thanks,
Chris
Black"R"

#7 ·
Pick any of those three dates and I will make time.

If some of you are not working, we can get together in the afternoon for a session.

I will even be available on more than one day if you want.

Looking forward to meeting the North Calif. Chapter Fanatics.

Dicktator

#9 · (Edited)
I'm thinking 1 PM until 4ish or later, on Monday May 16th. Monday is the only day that works for me.

I am still employed but will take off early that day. Not sure how many of you are still employed. I'm thinking afternoon so we can avoid traffic as much as possible. Please let know what works for those wanting to attend. Or as Dictator offered, he is willing to do multiple events.

Chris, Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know.

Updating post 1 with attendees.

I'll PM all of you with final time and my address once we agree on a window that works for all/most.

#11 ·
Hi Dick: just reading your post of a visit and I live in Pacific Grove, dead center between Carmel and Monterey. Additionally, I have a hangar (car storage) at the Monterey airport. I am definitely interested so let me know if my places would be helpful. Bob

#15 ·
Dicktator,

Not to sure I can find "Your Brand" of Capt. Yet I will do my best. May have to have it flown in from FLA.
I also see , from the pics , you and Chuck are Vanilla guys. Never done a shot like that ? Am more than willing to try !
The Left Coast will be ready !
Looking forward to it.

Chris,
Black"R"

#16 ·
I'm thinking a hands on seminar on fixing the fuse box issue on '05-06 SSRs. Although I am an electronics kind of guy, it still makes me nervous.

I also want to know if Monday from 1 PM til ? works for attendees.

So far, I've only heard from 2 people :( I am not on Facebook, Linkin In or any other social media site. Would love to have more people attend, but Monday is the only day that works for me.

Calling abaddssr, anyone in your facebook group want to attend?

#19 ·
Monday , 1pm, works for me. I will take the time off to be there! Please PM the location and help needed. Thanks !

Nowandthen,
Do not let the fuse box ,give you the willies. Its an easy thing to do ! And SOOOOO worth it ! It seems like it gives the R, a new lease on life.
For me, many things began to work, which were not working prior, or which were intermittent. These things , in our minds , are not/could not, be electrical issues. Yet, its surprising, the results I got , and you may get.

Chris,
Black"R"

#20 ·
Nowandthen,

I just posted the Dicktator visit on the NorCal Facebook SSR page to Lawrence.
I do not know any of them and am brand new to Facebook thru the SSR's. NorCal.
I would say we will have some takers from them.

Ps Glad to see you are looking into the C6 pan ! Muey importante. (I speak spanish every day all day).

Chris
Black"R

#21 ·
Thanks Chris. I have resisted joining Facebook, Twitter, Linked In etc. Dicktator suggested I start a new post in the Northern California section titled Tech Day with Dicktator, or something like that in hopes of getting more participants. I think tech day is a great idea. I likely have most, if not all tools people would need. Multiple SAE and metric ratchets and wrenches, screw drivers, floor jack and stands, air wrenches etc. Probably room for 6 or more R's in the driveway. Can go as late as Dicktator or others care to stay. Will need to set up dinner if we do. No big deal.

#35 ·
Spoke to Dicktator an hour or so ago. I am stilling willing to host a my place on Monday. 1 PM until whenever. We can do some tech stuff and Dicktator can present, and we can sit around and BS. There are numerous restaurants nearby, so dinner is not a problem.

Please reply to confirm your attendance. And spread the word! The more the merrier!

Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.