• 1 Post By farf02
  • 1 Post By Cash
  • 1 Post By ggoat!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bob McDorman's "Final Drive" Auction Includes Three SSRs

The late Bob McDorman was well-known as a collector of rare and unique vehicles. Many of the cars from his large collection were auctioned a few years ago. The last 42 of his cars, from the "Bob McDorman Museum Collection," are going to be auctioned at Mecum's Indianapolis auction in May of 2017.

Included will be three SSRs:

Signature #2, the first SSR offered to the public, with 77 miles on the odometer. Some may recall the he had other Signature Series SSRs and word circulated that he was irked that Chevrolet, after hyping the unique and collectible nature of the Signature Series, including the Ultra Violet color, offered that color as part of 2004 regular production, immediately devaluing the Signature Series significantly despite the large prices paid for them when they were auctioned by GM at the conclusion of their promotional use.

2006 two-tone Final Production Run, Silver over Aqua Blur with 4906 miles. You can find info on how few of these were built (five) elsewhere on the forum.

2006 Pacific Blue with chrome package and 35,923 miles.
bruce60 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:58 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
I and several other Fanatics were at the original McDorman auction in November 2010. I spoke to him there, and had spoken to him several times previously about the Signature Series.

He was beyond pi$$ed with GM for releasing Ultra Violet for regular production in 2004, and devaluing his Signature collection. He had purchased 2,3,4 and 5, with assurance from GM that these were the only 25 trucks available to the public to be built in that color. When I spoke to Bob Walczyk about that during one of our Signature Series discussions, he agreed that for the 1200 trucks built in 2004, it was a mistake to release the color.

It will be interesting to see what Sig 2 will sell for, and whether there will be a reserve. He paid $137850 on EBay in May 2003. It was crazy watching that auction go up in the last few minutes. I kept a screen shot of the bidding. Looks like someone put about 60 miles on it since I took a photo of the speedo in 2010. Would hate to see it go cheap, cuz I really like that truck. The only Signature to keep the auxiliary gauges, because it was sold before GM took the Signatures back for refurbishing. All the others had the gauges removed. It was also the lowest serial number released for sale. GM still has #1 in its Heritage Collection.

None of his other Signatures got to 50% of original price except Sig 4, which sold in 2010 for just over 50% of original purchase price.

Bob was holding out on me. I knew about the Signatures and the Pac Blue. Of all his cars, he was driving the Pac Blue at the auction, and said it was his favorite ride. Did not know he owned one of the silver/aqua blur trucks. It was not with his remaining vehicles that did not get auctioned in 2010 when we toured his remaining vehicles. Too bad it isn't a manual. I might have dug into reserves for that.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:49 AM

My SSR:
Sadly sold '03 RED vin1337, '06(lastoneinblack) vin 24107..Sadly sold '04UV,'05SILVER,'06PACBLU FPR
I wonder what ever happened to the HUGE banner that Bob had that once hung on the side of the Lansing Craft Centre. This thing was about 50 feet long and maybe 25 feet high. I was told Bob had purchased it and it was rolled up and put in storage.
I can't believe they are letting Mecum auction the remaining vehicles. The 2010 auction was a disaster if you ask me.
I would think Kruse should be to company to sell them, as they were the original auction company of the Indy Pace trucks and I'm sure the Signature Series.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrtruck View Post
I can't believe they are letting Mecum auction the remaining vehicles. The 2010 auction was a disaster if you ask me.
I would think Kruse should be to company to sell them, as they were the original auction company of the Indy Pace trucks and I'm sure the Signature Series.
Yup - Mecum got caught with its fingers in the cookie jar. McDormans was a no reserve auction, so Mecum had no right to bid up the prices as they could to try to get a vehicle up to reserve price.

They ended up owning two of the three Signatures, and put them up for sale at several of their following auctions, before finally unloading them at a loss. Serves them right. I guess McDorman's family decided to sell them through Mecum because I assume they were paid out for any vehicles that Mecum drove up the bidding on.

Most of the Signatures were originally sold by Kruse, four went to Manheim auctions, and one was sold at Adessa in Boston. Sig 2 was an EBay auction with the proceeds going to the Heinz C. Precther Scholarship of Automotive Excellence (SAE Foundation) Sig 2 was the only one to carry five Signatures.

I sure hope the truck still has all the original memorabilia that went with it. It was loaded with goodies!!!!!!!
mikebike and voodoophantom like this.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

Bob McDorman SSRs at Mecum Indy 2017

Here are links with more photos of the three SSRs being auctioned at no reserve at the Mecum Indy auction in May. A few photos appear to show accumulated dust and dirt in the engine compartments. And the Silver over Blur appears to be missing a cup holder cover plate.

Signature No. 2

Note that the description was updated to include the memorabilia in the description.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-28...nature-series/

Silver over Aqua Blur FPR

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-28...chevrolet-ssr/

2006 Pacific Blue

mikebike likes this.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:01 PM

My SSR:
Sadly sold '03 RED vin1337, '06(lastoneinblack) vin 24107..Sadly sold '04UV,'05SILVER,'06PACBLU FPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by snomuncher View Post
Here are links with more photos of the three SSRs being auctioned at no reserve at the Mecum Indy auction in May. A few photos appear to show accumulated dust and dirt in the engine compartments. And the Silver over Blur appears to be missing a cup holder cover plate.

Signature No. 2

Note that there is no mention of the memorabilia in the description.

2006 Pacific Blue

They should make it known the the / is only 1 of 5. But they won't.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:25 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
They should make it known the the / is only 1 of 5. But they won't.
I talked to one of Mecum's consignment guys about that, and told him some of the details about that truck. We'll see if they make any changes.

I also talked to him about all the memorabilia that was with Sig 2 when I took photos of it at McDorman's auction. So far, they can't document that any of the memorabilia is with the truck. I told him the value would be far lower if it wasn't complete. We'll see if they deal with that as well.

When I asked him about Mecum's policy regarding shill bids on no reserve auctions, he was adamant that Mecum did not bid up prices on no reserve vehicles. I described what happened, and when he checked his records, he said Sig 3 and Sig 5 at McDorman's were purchased by a dealer to be resold. If so, he had to pay the costs of being at several auctions, and both Sig 3 and 5 eventually sold for significantly less than the $45K bid plus commission at McDormans.

Unfortunately, it looks like those trucks were pilfered of much of their memorabilia sometime during the multiple auction process, because they were complete at the McDorman auction. Sad to see the history of those trucks disappear, because documenting vehicles in so much detail was something GM has rarely undertaken.

Sig 2 could have been the last totally complete truck, and that may not be the case anymore.

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds available to chase Sig 2, and even if I could, not having confirmation that all documentation is intact, and fearing that Mecum could be bidding up the price would make this auction a non-start for me. Someone might get a sweet deal on a very rare truck.

The results of this auction will have a long term effect on the values of the rarest SSRs.

The two trucks that sold at the original auction have been great for long term values of Signatures and FPRs.
mikebike likes this.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:28 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Pac Blue FPR #485 3SS VYJ BOD 3/13/06
Garage
I will be there, if anyone is interested in any of the vehicles, PM me, and we can work out contact info

Craig

One of the newest "Blues Brothers"!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

McDorman SSRs at Mecum Indy 2017

I have learned from discussion with Mecum earlier today that the McDorman Collection cars will be crossing the block on Thursday (May 18) but the final order has not yet been finalized and this could change.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:03 PM

My SSR:
Someone could get a great deal for sure, as Thursday cars usually go for less.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Someone could get a great deal for sure, as Thursday cars usually go for less.
The cars will bring what the highest bidder pays, the day has ZERO bearing on that. I would agree that the early day cars bring less, because they are poorer quality and less desirable, look at the website, they are kicking the auction off with a 1984 4 cyl Fiero. Whether it runs at 10 AM Tuesday or 6 PM Friday, its a $1500 turd. Thurs and Fri evening, from what I remember from last year, are the bigger dollar cars.

I am tuned in right now, and of course they all look better on TV, but prices seem a little light all around

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:10 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by farf02 View Post
The cars will bring what the highest bidder pays, the day has ZERO bearing on that. I would agree that the early day cars bring less, because they are poorer quality and less desirable,

That's only partially correct. They generally put the less valuable vehicles on early days, because the big budget players don't show up until mid day Friday, so the bidding levels are more limited.

Signature 2 would bring higher bids if a few GM dealers are in the room. I have no doubt it would bring more money on Friday evening or Saturday.

They may be putting up the McDorman collection earlier in hopes of attracting some of the big money guys with all those Corvettes.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:57 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flassh View Post
That's only partially correct. They generally put the less valuable vehicles on early days, because the big budget players don't show up until mid day Friday, so the bidding levels are more limited.

Signature 2 would bring higher bids if a few GM dealers are in the room. I have no doubt it would bring more money on Friday evening or Saturday.

They may be putting up the McDorman collection earlier in hopes of attracting some of the big money guys.

Its more than partially correct. I have been to several auctions, bidding isn't based off of times ran, its based off people bidding on the cars they want to own.

I am also guessing GM dealers care less about Sig 2 than real collectors. If you have ever been to a Mecum/Barrett Jackson auction, you would also know there is alot of phone and internet bidding.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
Hey, I am stuck on a mere 199 SSR's I have moved between SSR Fanatics, past and present
Thought I had #200 done the other day but that went sideways

So, I think I have a bit of credibility when it come to values, but I certainly bow to Ray's knowledge on the Signatures
I think the should sell $50k plus - and who knows, maybe more - she is so rare!
The 's full load are in the mid $30's with this mileage

I hope the Signature goes big time, because they sure deserve more credit than we have seen in recent year sales.
Our recently deceased friend Floyd Bailey has a Signature in his estate that needs a lot of attention for his family.

I am proud to be associated with North Freeway Hyundai - Paul and Tony
I had a recent conversation with Tony - and I agree they help set the bar for SSR values -
I like the fact they help keep our values where they are today, but I asked Tony - maybe we aren't setting the bar high enough?

Not great news for future buyers, but we have a pretty special little truck!

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Its more than partially correct. I have been to several auctions, bidding isn't based off of times ran, its based off people bidding on the cars they want to own.

I am also guessing GM dealers care less about Sig 2 than real collectors. If you have ever been to a Mecum/Barrett Jackson auction, you would also know there is alot of phone and internet bidding.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I believe auction time and date has a great deal of effect on selling prices. I also disagree that GM dealers care less about Sig 2 than real collectors.

I was able to track most of the Signature Series several years ago when I was somewhat infatuated with those trucks. The photo next to this post will reinforce that. 17 of the 24 Signature SSRs that were available for sale in 2003 were purchased by GM dealers.

Three appear to have been purchased by private owners, but who knows if they were dealer principals. I have been unable to track the other four, because the only method I had available to find them was to make phone calls when the trucks came up for sale, and from those conversations, get leads on who else owned them. I tried the various auction houses, but none were prepared to reveal buyer names. Bob McDorman was great to talk to, as were all the other dealers initially. Some of them became quite bitter with GM as time went by, largely because GM had devalued the value of Signatures by releasing the color for regular production in 2004.

I remember one particular conversation, where the dealer called me when he was ready to sell his Signature. He had a selling price in mind, and I had to tell him I had just purchased one for about a third of what he was asking. Not a happy dealer.

I was able to track original selling prices. Average selling price was $75650. McDorman paid $137850, 125000, 120000 and 75000 for his. Signature 25 sold to a GM dealer for $120000. Those prices are net, before buyer's commission is added. That's enough data to make me think that GM dealers had some interest.

I can't remotely predict what Signature 2 will sell for, but I expect that 30 years from now, if it has been kept intact and with low mileage, that it will price out like some of the first and last Corvettes. The last 67 Stingray, which was a basket case when it was found - a rusted frame with a VIN plate and a rusted block with the correct number - sold at BJ for $600000 plus buyers commission. It wasn't a particularly rare car, just the last one. If GM ever decided to sell Sig 1 or 24112, I'd sure like to be in a position to bid for one of those.

We can agree that there are a lot of phone and internet bidders at most auctions.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 04:12 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flassh View Post
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I believe auction time and date has a great deal of effect on selling prices. I also disagree that GM dealers care less about Sig 2 than real collectors.

I was able to track most of the Signature Series several years ago when I was somewhat infatuated with those trucks. The photo next to this post will reinforce that. 17 of the 24 Signature SSRs that were available for sale in 2003 were purchased by GM dealers.

Three appear to have been purchased by private owners, but who knows if they were dealer principals. I have been unable to track the other four, because the only method I had available to find them was to make phone calls when the trucks came up for sale, and from those conversations, get leads on who else owned them. I tried the various auction houses, but none were prepared to reveal buyer names. Bob McDorman was great to talk to, as were all the other dealers initially. Some of them became quite bitter with GM as time went by, largely because GM had devalued the value of Signatures by releasing the color for regular production in 2004.

I remember one particular conversation, where the dealer called me when he was ready to sell his Signature. He had a selling price in mind, and I had to tell him I had just purchased one for about a third of what he was asking. Not a happy dealer.

I was able to track original selling prices. Average selling price was $75650. McDorman paid $137850, 125000, 120000 and 75000 for his. Signature 25 sold to a GM dealer for $120000. Those prices are net, before buyer's commission is added. That's enough data to make me think that GM dealers had some interest.

I can't remotely predict what Signature 2 will sell for, but I expect that 30 years from now, if it has been kept intact and with low mileage, that it will price out like some of the first and last Corvettes. The last 67 Stingray, which was a basket case when it was found - a rusted frame with a VIN plate and a rusted block with the correct number - sold at BJ for $600000 plus buyers commission. It wasn't a particularly rare car, just the last one. If GM ever decided to sell Sig 1 or 24112, I'd sure like to be in a position to bid for one of those.

We can agree that there are a lot of phone and internet bidders at most auctions.
It has less to do with date and time than it does with grouping. (By the way, I run an auto auction)

I spent 3 days at Mecum Indy last year, there are a lot of people who spend open to close there every day. If you are going to a Mecum or Barrett auction to buy a car, the pricing becomes secondary. They are fun to attend, but not in my eyes the best place to buy, in fact many cars have ZERO records that come with them, you may be lucky enough to run into the owner to ask some questions.

There may be some older GM dealers that would pay up, most GM dealers (by the way, not only do I deal with GM dealers on a daily basis, one of my best friends is a Chevy dealer) remember the SSr for being an overpriced unsaleable car that they had to stock parts for, which didn't sell. I am not that familiar with the Sig cars, but if the goodies are missing with that one, its just another purple car to me. The $137,000 that he paid for it was a charity auction, which means anything above what the value of the car was, could be written off as a donation. Charity car auctions in no way reflect a value, remember when Dave Ressler paid $1,000,000 for the Corvette ZR1 vin # 000001?

Regardless, I will be at the auction, if anyone would like a visual done on any of the cars, let me know!
Kyiana likes this.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 08:11 AM

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post

So, I think I have a bit of credibility when it come to values, but I certainly bow to Ray's knowledge on the Signatures
I think the should sell $50k plus - and who knows, maybe more - she is so rare!
The 's full load are in the mid $30's with this mileage
I hope the Signature goes big time, because they sure deserve more credit than we have seen in recent year sales.
I really hope you are right about the $50k range of the /
The , due to mileage and obvious use sans care, seems high as mid $30's. I'd guess $29-$30 hammer price.

The Signature, regardless of dealer interest or not,(maybe the Hyundai dealer could step up) should pull $45k-$50. It is most likely the lowest mile Signature around(77mi.) The only loss in value is the lack of memorabilia. ( only important to a collector).
Most have been passed around like a biker chick.
As I've mentioned before, these are the right trucks at the wrong auction. And that is very sad.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
I still shudder at this low mile, poorly displayed example that hammered at $33,000 last year

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0516-24...chevrolet-ssr/

7,000 miles it was rough. And don't forget to add the 10% buyers fee on top, so they paid $36,000 for a 7,000 mile car that looked more like 70,000 miles.

As much as I love going to these, it seems more of an entertainment purpose than reality, I usually try to guess what I think something will go for, and rarely am close.

I really don't think the Pac Blue will go to the mid $30's, with fees (and transport, you need to get those out FAST) the buyer would be pushing $40,000. For $40,000 I would entertain selling my fully loaded 11,000 mi FPR near perfect car. Hopefully all 3 go to current or soon to be members here!
ssrtruck likes this.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
I still shudder at this low mile, poorly displayed example that hammered at $33,000 last year

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0516-24...chevrolet-ssr/

7,000 miles it was rough. And don't forget to add the 10% buyers fee on top, so they paid $36,000 for a 7,000 mile car that looked more like 70,000 miles.

As much as I love going to these, it seems more of an entertainment purpose than reality, I usually try to guess what I think something will go for, and rarely am close.

I really don't think the Pac Blue will go to the mid $30's, with fees (and transport, you need to get those out FAST) the buyer would be pushing $40,000. For $40,000 I would entertain selling my fully loaded 11,000 mi FPR near perfect car. Hopefully all 3 go to current or soon to be members here!
Well, a with 8500 miles just sold for $42000 - not an FPR but full load - I would add $2500 for an FPR - Bruce won't agree HaHa!
7 years ago I sold a with really low miles for $45000 - another recently sold for $50000

I think what we have to realize is the low mile ones attract big money.

For interest I have run CarFaxes on a ton of rare SSR's
What I found is many of the TuTones have 80k plus miles, so if one has low mileage it will be hugely collectible, but that is my opinion.
One group of 7 I believe has only two examples under 80000 miles. - need to check

I have also found, other than Canadian Builds, a lot of TuTones went to South America, Puerto Rico and Europe - so only 433 built.
For example, the numbered 238, but less than 190 remain in the US, and I an not consideriing messed Titles - many have a ton of miles - so figure the values out for yourself.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Further on this I found a few went to Brazil - all with more or less zero miles.

I have not researched the but have to think the same pattern could be there.
Also the other TuTones?

No idea

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 03:04 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Dale,

I think I have still have the message from you that when my car had 9k on it, it wasn't worth a penny over $28,000!

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
Dale,

I think I have still have the message from you that when my car had 9k on it, it wasn't worth a penny over $28,000!

It would be interesting if you would send that to me as I can never imagine making that statement.
For North Freeway I have to buy in the high $20's granted - but it cost $500 - $1000 to ship - they have to pay the light and the heat
But when they buy your vehicle, you have the credibility, you have the money next day - you don't have the scammer, the test driver - we take people at their word for condition because we believe SSR owners to be truthful.
Doubt I ever said not a penny over $28k but maybe I did in a bad moment, it would be difficult to pay much more for a lot of SSR's
By the time they get landed, do service, pay a salesman etc - we can't do much better - sorry if I offended you.
Everyone thinks it is all just gravy, but there is a lot of overhead.
Paul paid several million for the current site - you have to sell a lot of Hyundai's to cover that nut! - so the question is, do you want a sale where you can totally trust the buyer, rather than the guy in the rain forest or the sailor on a ship that can't call you, wants to do pay pal - trying to buy a truck for his mother, a guy that needs financing for a 10-15 year old vehicle, a guy that wants a joy ride?
There is an SSR we have sold 5 times - a PacBlue actually - it's a question of trust

Let me know if you are a seller - would pay more than that right now
mikebike likes this.

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:32 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Dale,
I've been in the business longer than you, I get overhead, transport, etc. But when I was trying to buy my car, you told me anything over $28,000 is too much, now you are saying a 36,000 mile is worth $35,000 plus another $3000 buy fee? I will 100% guarantee my car will run circles around the McDorman car.....so, what would you pay for it for NFH? I am guessing $22-23k? That car is NOT worth $35-38k

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:48 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Should be getting close to the lot numbers for the McDorman collection, but I can't get the live streaming to work.

I guess I'll have to settle for checking the results later.

Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

McDorman SSRs at Mecum Indy

The Signature #2 SSR sold to an internet bidder for $51,000.

The Pac Blue is listed as sold for $45,000. Dana Mecum announced it as his favorite car from the McDorman collection.

The Aqua Blur/Silver is listed as sold for $38,000 and although I thought I heard a higher bid in the $40s, that may have been an asking price.

All these are hammer prices, excluding the 10% buyers' premium and applicable state taxes that are collected by Indiana.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Native AriZonie

My SSR:
Hellvis, 2 TuTones, #4 Flame Pace Truck, Brickyard Pace Truck
Quote:
The Signature #2 SSR sold to an internet bidder for $51,000.

The Pac Blue is listed as sold for $45,000. Dana Mecum announced it as his favorite car from the McDorman collection.

The Aqua Blur/Silver is listed as sold for $38,000 and although I thought I heard a higher bid in the $40s, that may have been an asking price.

All these are hammer prices, excluding the 10% buyers' premium and applicable state taxes that are collected by Indiana.
Sig 2 got a good price, considering the sale prices of Sigs in the past 8-9 years.

The Pac Blue did really well, not worth anything close to that considering the mileage.

The Silver over Blur hammer price was a steal for what it is (full disclosure, I own #1 of 5). I would have thought it would command well over $ 40K.

In my humble opinion.

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:50 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Garage
Snomuncher did a thorough inspection of the Sig, he can talk condition of that.

The Pac Blue had been a driver, with apparent signs of paint work, and I believe was sold the better part of $20k overvalued for condition.

The 2 tone Blur was an even bigger disappointment to me, tailgate/rear bumper had damage, there was acid etching in the paint that was beyond buffable, the seat cushions had an extreme amount of dry cracking for a 4,900 mile car, passenger side dash cupholder was missing the front, and Snomuncher pointed out the soft saddlebags were covered in mold.

Non of the cars were properly detailed, and should not be any indication of SSr values. I believe many of the cars in this collection were bought in honor of Bob McDorman, the greatest example of this would be the 1982 Corvette Pace car, under 100 miles, but not preserved well, that hammered at $110,000.

Nobody missed out on a creampuff that was bought below value!

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:09 PM

My SSR:
2006 Blue over Primer'd Bondo 6spd #23424 slapped together 2/22/06
Quote:

Signature No. 2

Note that the description was updated to include the memorabilia in the description.

2006 Pacific Blue

I'm surprised those sold for as much as they did, particularly the Pacific Blue. Did you see those pics? The engine pic on that Pacific Blue looks like what you'd find in a 90's Saturn coming into PepBoys for an oil change after being found at the bottom of a lake.
240 Gordy likes this.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Tech Support/Research

SSRs At Mecum

Quote:
Snomuncher did a thorough inspection of the Sig, he can talk condition of that.

The Pac Blue had been a driver, with apparent signs of paint work, and I believe was sold the better part of $20k overvalued for condition.

The 2 tone Blur was an even bigger disappointment to me, tailgate/rear bumper had damage, there was acid etching in the paint that was beyond buffable, the seat cushions had an extreme amount of dry cracking for a 4,900 mile car, passenger side dash cupholder was missing the front, and Snomuncher pointed out the soft saddlebags were covered in mold.

Non of the cars were properly detailed, and should not be any indication of SSr values. I believe many of the cars in this collection were bought in honor of Bob McDorman, the greatest example of this would be the 1982 Corvette Pace car, under 100 miles, but not preserved well, that hammered at $110,000.

Nobody missed out on a creampuff that was bought below value!
Very good summary, Craig, and accurate from my perspective as well. My interest in these SSRs decreased significantly after inspecting them. I hope they go to good homes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR in the News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.