Chevy SSR Forum banner

Highly Modified 2003 SSR at Mecum Dallas Auction

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Cash 
#1 ·
An 800HP supercharged, flame painted, black 2003 SSR is scheduled to be auctioned on Saturday, Sept. 7 at approx. 5:20PM. The lot number is S199. Unlike many with Magnuson superchargers, this one has a Procharger unit installed. The description lists it as a SEMA car, magazine car, and winner of 40 trohpies, and has just over 10K miles on the odometer.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That truck has been for sale on and off for a long long time, I think it was in Atlanta originally. The first time I saw it for sale the owner offered both engines with it. It's got a very unique paint job, naked girls in the flames on the sides and front hood. While it is done extremely well, not sure I could ever take it out and not feel odd about people looking at it. Will be interesting to see what money it brings.

#8 ·
That's right, I remember running across some pics of this paint job. Don't know how I confused the two. There was a time when I kept Playboys on my coffee table, but then I graduated college and became respectable. Dang it.

#9 ·
Mecum SSR

I wonder if it will be shown on TV at all with that paint scheme. Maybe the network will blur it out (no pun intended). Similar to removal of bad tattoos, some strategic airbrushing might be added by the next owner to soften the impact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.