Chevy SSR Forum banner

Rain can’t dampen enthusiasm for SSR Rally

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  sprooney 
#1 ·
There may be pictures at this site too - But they appear to be blocked here at work! So - if somebody could post them - thanks!

Rain can’t dampen enthusiasm for SSR Rally

Mohave Daily News > News > Local > Rain can?t dampen enthusiasm for SSR Rally

BULLHEAD CITY — While some residents took the rainy Saturday morning to stay in bed, others donned their raincoats and umbrellas to attend the eighth annual Chevy SSR Rally, Show and Party at the Findlay Motor Company, off the Bullhead Parkway.

The rally included many decked-out Chevy SSRs, like two-tone colors and fire flames, as their proud owners worked quickly to keep the raindrops from spotting their prized trucks.

Dwight Morgan, an owner of a purple Chevy SSR, travelled from Pasadena, Calif., to participate in this year’s rally. “I do these every year all over the United States and even in Canada,” said Morgan.

Morgan purchased his 2004 Chevy SSR after the passing of his wife, who was also an avid car enthusiast, a few years ago.

“She loved these and we couldn’t afford it then. When she passed I used the life insurance to buy the vehicle in her favorite color and everywhere I go I know she is with me,” explained Morgan, who has taken his SSR to seven provinces in Canada and 38 states during rallies.

Another favorite of spectators was the 2005 Budweiser-replica Chevy SSR owned by Dick Steinmatz, who is also known in the circuit as “NASCAR Dick”.

Steinmatz gave a brief history of the vehicle as passersby stopped to look.

“They don’t make this series anymore and I am proud to be one of the dozen who own a replica of the original California Speedway pace trucks,” he said.

During the two-hour car show, judges handed out awards for best stock and modification/custom trucks from 2003-2006.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
She was so stunned by the beauty of ALL the SSRs at the Show & Shine that she was not taking very accurate notes. I think she blended a few things she heard to get the story. I guess, in the rain and cloudy light, it might have taken on a purple hue. I should have told her it was the color of my eyes, which might have made her wonder about purple eyes (didn't have one of them until the banquet).

Edit: I gues maybe she is color blind because I gave her my card and I know that picture is BLUE.
( just looking for excuses because I know that on;y males are color blind though the gene is passed along through the mother)

Edit 2: I just looked at the pictures in the Photo Thread and realized I was parked next to AutoDan and JimBopb so the Purple influence was definitely there during our conversation.

#8 ·
Color blind

Not Quite true about women not being color blind. I used to think that too until I got into an argument with a female patient who claimed, and was red green color blind. After a little research it turns out that some women are color blind but darn few. In fifty years of practice I have come across three !!!! Not what I was taught way back then, but not much is what I was taught waaaay back then !!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.