Votes: 5 10.2%
  • What is the "SMOT" forum?

Votes: 2 4.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.

End *SMOT* forum?

7K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Marc NY 
#1 ·
There has been numerous complaints about the SMOT "Supporting Members OFF Topic" forum.

I have decided that we should conduct a poll asking our members to vote in it. (Only our Supporting members are allowed in that forum)

Tell us whether you feel it should or shouldn't be a part of our great SSR family? There have been a number of members feelings hurt and even some great friendships lost do to the nature of that almost anything goes in that SMOT forum.

Let us know what you think by voting in our poll.

FYI: I Do NOT go in there myself!
:nodno

*PLEASE* feel free to post in a reply also ... that will help other members know how you may feel too.

#4 ·
It is a bit hard at times. But after elections it will cool off some. Think of it as a hot stove, if you don't want to be burnt, don't touch it. One way or other it don't matter to me. Hell I can upset people for not being Canadian enough.:glol

#6 · (Edited)
Whatever happened to "Live And Let Live," Marc?

I am not a SMOT regular, however, from time to time I do enjoy reading a SMOT post or two, especially some of the more outrageous ones and every once in a while I enjoy dropping My Two Cents Worth but at no time have I ever felt compelled or obligated to do so.

I have never had anyone hold a gun to my head and/or threaten me with bodily harm if I decide to enter the SMOT forum, read a SMOT thread or post in a SMOT thread . . . NEVER.

Also, I am fully aware of the fact some members are not overly fond of SMOT and then there are some members who are downright Anti-SMOT. I find it amusing, almost to the point of being outrageously ridiculous that some, if not many of these Anti-SMOT members are frequently in the SMOT section making posts.

WHY . . . WHY . . . WHY?

Bottom line . . . if any of these Anti-SMOT'ers are offended they have only themselves to blame. The forum has made it extremely easy to avoid the entire section so WHINING is completely unnecessary and nothing but an immature attempt to control.

Once again . . . whatever happened to "Live An Let Live?"

#21 ·
Inciting the folks, are ya??

Do you think you might have taken the statement just a bit out of context, seeing as about 46% of your country would like to see him out? I seriously doubt that any of them meant anything more than voting him out of office.

Really stupid statement to have made, but not unexpected.

#17 ·

This is what is wrong all around. :smash

Why would we need a poll or a moderator to be involved in our decision to SMOT or not? It is a choice. We should decide ourselves what we will do. Less government!

:glol

really!

And I mean no offense to our dear moderator. it has nothing to do with them... I kinda think there was some pressure...

#20 ·
Sorry to see that we got some folks who aren't happy with what so and so posted. Guess those few don't know how to accept the fact that others think differently.

Marc, are you or any of the current or future moderators willing to become full time baby setters if SMOT is removed?

I don't plan on participating in this poll Marc.

#22 ·
I think we did this once and it was decided that SMOT was the way to handle the situation. The fact that this survey is not posted in SMOT is bringing attention to it and making this thread get a bit political. I think that those who want to have that place to talk Politic or other touchy subjects should be allowed there freedom but the general audience or non supporting members and guests should not be subjected to it. Hopefully we are all adults and can decide to partake or not. I say keep it and think it will be more trouble for everyone if it goes away. Though I do not go there often I will excercise my right to vote.

#25 ·
Remember, SMOT used to be more off color jokes and funny stuff like that when it was started.

The folks complaining about the politics seem to be participating in the political threads. I find that very confusing. Again dont go there if you dont like it. I very rarely comment on the political crap, I read a little bit of it but mostly find the arguing unappealing. But I dont bitch about it if I chose to go there.

#26 ·
Atta girl!

Besides I don't know where else I could post my tacky little jokes!:blush-anim-cl: I thought that is what SMOT was for.. I try NOT to comment on the political stuff anyway as I am Canadian...think there's an ad with something like that in it.:cheers

#27 ·
If theres a thread discussing say ..tires, and I already bought my tires....I don't read that thread. BUT if theres one just tooooo juicy to pass up and I tap on it and read it , guess what? I take responsibility for my actions. I made the choice...I read it...if I participate, I make that choice too! If ya don't wanna hear it (read it) don't go there:nono...if you can't help yourself...that's your own sick little secret:blush-anim-cl:...don't make those of us who enjoy it suffer cuz you can't stop yourself....DUMBASS:glol.:ssr:bwekk:

#28 ·
I don't post in the smot, but I do skim thru it from time to time, I think we are all grown ups here, so if it's something that might offend ..... Don't open it, simple as that ....after all it is a free country ... Countries. We are entitled to our opinions !! Just my opinion. Guess I'm no help, but I do love the family feeling on this forum.

#38 ·
Supporting Member Off Topic (SMOT)
Private Forum for Supporting Members Only. Off-Topic Only!.

I have only been here for a little over 4 years but I thought the area was created specifically for the purpose stated by the title. It isn't suppose to have SSR stuff there.

Nice debate but it is about removing something that is obviously quite active and only for supporting members. Based on Posts and Thread counts it is more than twice as active as the "Performance" area. I am not sure if I have posted there but I have read some great jokes.

How about looking into an ability to create an option (toggle button) to hide the area if one so chooses?

:flag:grouphug:flag

#43 ·
Closed

Thanks for every one's input... fortunately only the Moderators and Administrators get to watch dog the forums and get all the fun PMs that go along with it.

For now, we will leave the SMOT forum open and for those that don't like it please don't cry fowl if you go in and read the off topics discussed.

Again, for those that hate that forum please don't aggravate yourselves by going into the SMOT area, for me, I just stay out of that forum as much as possible. :yesnod

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.