Chevy SSR Forum banner

Super charger installed

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Lennart 
#1 ·
This winter's project has been to install a super charger on the engine
A Magnuson TVS 2300
Thanks to a good installation manual and good help from Owen on Magnuson's tech support, it has gone well.
A local tuner (PPF in Krylbo) did the tune and dyno test.
I am very pleased with the outcome of the Project. He he...
What a difference to drive!

If this goes well, attachments should be:

1. Engine Before S/C
2. Dyno Before S/C (316 hpr @ 3528 rpm. 538 lbs @2744 rpm at rear wheels)
3. Engine with S/C
4 Dyno with S/C (424 hpr @ 6600 rpm. 419 lbs @ 3850 rpm at rear wheels)

//Lennart

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I admire your determination in getting the project done. You had more challenges dealing with distances than I did.

Thanks for posting the dyno numbers. Mine came in between 314 and 316 on three dyno runs, but I never did put it back on the dyno after the installation

Joe at Left Coast 32 supplied my TVS2300, and provided multiple tunes remotely. Should have a few extra horsepower from his billet inlet, instead of the stock Magnuson inlet, but I just didn't want to subject the truck to another dyno run.

I hope you're thinking of replacing the serpentine belt. When I did the install on mine, I had to fine tune the new billet pulleys to get them all aligned properly. I had a bit of wear on the first belt, which is now the spare.

#4 ·
Flash: Thank you for your advice. I've just checked my belt, and it have little wear on one side. I will make sure to align the pulleys this weekend.
Mike: Attachement 4 is the dyno curves with the super charger. I have no idea why it did not is a picture, just like the other attachments, but if you click on it, I think you can save it and then look at it. I'm grateful for any analysis I can get about the curves, I do not understand such things. Why, for example, is the torque lower with the super charger?
//Lennart

#7 · (Edited)
Charts

I noticed on the after chart the HP numbers on the left side match the torque numbers on the right side. But the before chart the HP gradient on the left and torque gradient on the right are way different.

But what do I know, I spent 20 minutes trying to resize the two charts to overlay before I noticed the bottom gradient was MPH on one and RPM on the other... nevermind.:banghead

Attachments

#8 ·
Mdcssr2: I have asked my son to get involved in this. I hope he can help with a solution soon.
Litemup & xoxoxoBruce: Thank you for your imaginative comments. As for the before chart, I did not look at the actual curves, I just looked in the small text box at the bottom right.
//Lennart

#9 ·
My son has not made it with the dyno curve yet. God knows if he ever will make it. On the other hand, xoxoxoBruce has solved the problem. Thanks for that, Bruce!
All this about the charts is very confusing.
I have asked the tuner about the charts, and he says the torque was wrong on the first dyno chart because the torque was not synchronized at that time. However, the effect is correct.
Moore howerver:
It will soon be time to see what the truck is good for. Tomorrow I will go to a small local airport where there will be a small drag racing meet. It is not a big event. It will be without timing and without lamp start.
Manual start, and those who runs decides who first came over the line.
The event is called "Back to basic", and it will give good opportunities for me to see what the truck is good for.
I hope the weather will be fine. The forecast say there is a risk of rain ...
//Lennart

#11 ·
From total succes to total failure:

Mustang: Victory:grin2:
Camaro Z28: Victory:grin2:
Corvette C6: Victory:grin2:
And then the belt went off ....:frown2:

Nothing else broke down.
It was a good luck that the belt went off when the engine was idling.

Until the belt went off I had to be carefull with the gas pedal, otherwise the wheels spun too much, both on the first and second gear
//Lennart

#13 ·
You're a bit of a gambler. I don't think I would have left the driveway with the belt looking like that, let alone run it hard. If nothing else, it would certainly cause some supercharger slippage with that much of it missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.