Chevy SSR Forum banner

Any Interest in a Full LED Light Kit?

15K views 112 replies 34 participants last post by  Slingshot06 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been replacing the exterior lights on my SSR for the last 6-8 months researching the best possible LED lights for each socket we have on our R's and figured I'd put together a full LED conversion kit to any who might be interested.

Good News.....
NO SPLICING OF RESISTERS NESSASSARY AT ALL FOR ANY LIGHTS !!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

This will be a direct plug and play set up with the addition of the LED Flasher Module LM486 by Novita. :thumbs

NO Headlights or Foglights Included

For $160 + $10 shipping, the full kit will include:

Novita LM486 Flasher Module $45
Rear Tail Lights LED's $20
Rear Side Marker LED's $15
Front Side Marker LED's $15
Front Park/Turn Signal in Grill LED's $27
Reverse Back Up LED's $32
License Plate LED's $6

Interior Light Kit $10
Vanity Mirrors LEDs
Glove Box LED.

I came up with the pricing by simply adding $2 to the actual cost of each pair of lights.

Many of these lights I went through 3-4 different pairs in my research to find the best possible light output for each light.

The front grill park/turn signals and tail lights require a 2-stage LED light which are a little tricky to find but I've found them. :wink2:

BTW, the Rear tail lights are brighter then OEM but not blinding to rear traffic at night in case any are concerned about that. :wink2:

I will post pics of all the lights that I've installed on my own SSR. I will do free installation for all local R owners if need be. :thumbs

Advantage of LED lights:
More noticeable
Brighter using less power
Cooler to the touch them OEM
Lasts much much longer the OEM
Looks way better then OEM

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Thanks, Josh 214-709-0665

Also a side note: if you've already got the Flasher Module or other LED's installed and only want 1-2 individual lights I can also accommodate that, just let me know. ;)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Front Grill Parking Lights/ Turn Signals

OEM passenger vs LED driver side
Yes the OEM light is lit up. ;)

Rear Tail Lights

OEM driver side vs LED passenger side
This is regular light output not brake lights/turn signal
It is not blinding, just very close to the garage door.

LED Driver side vs. OEM passenger side.
Flipped them....

Same thing from a distance just to show the light output is not blinding at regular output.

You can also see how the License Plate LED's look.

#3 · (Edited)
Reverse Back Up Lights
Pics speak for themselves....

From a distance, this is great with a back up camera as well....

Front Side Marker LED's.
These are probably my favorite of them all...
These actually blink opposite of the grill blinkers. just fyi.

Rear Side Markers. no blink

#6 · (Edited)
Cool, just let me know whenever you're ready and I'll do a paypal payment deal. It takes about 3-5 days for me to get all the lights in, then I'll have to ship them all together to each person with instructions.

Not sure how much shipping will be, maybe $10??

I only posted it locally since I was hoping to get one or two and put together some "How Too" pictures to include with instructions for out of state people, but if you're ready sooner I can talk you through it if need be. They're all pretty simple installs.

Figured after I got the Instructions together I'd offer it more publicly.

Thanks, Josh

#9 ·
I'm with gnarly dude! When you have the step by step instructions, I'll put my order in! :wink2:
Sounds good guys, if I don't get any local interest in the next week I'll just go out and take some pics of my own re installing them.

Would you guys prefer I make up a paper with step by step instructions and pics? or just post step by step instructions with pics on the fanatics forum??

Thoughts? I can do both if needed? :lurk

Josh :yellow:

#16 ·
When you have all instructions and items put together let me know.
You have an order here.
Instructions may work best for me.
IE; Where to find the flasher module; How to get to the various light sockets; etc.
Thanks for taking the time to do this!
:thumbs
will you fly to Syracuse and install my lights at no additional cost? - lol

You are doing a great service for the fanantics - step by step instructions with pics would be great - I will take a set - let me know when you have everything
I will take a set. Should I PM you for how to pay?

Dave
I will post step by step instruction both on the forum and send paperwork instructions in the box with the LED lights. I can probably get the instructions posted up on the forum before the lights even come in the mail, so I'll do both.

I'll try to have something up tonight or Monday for sure. That way you guys can start sending in the money and I can more easily order the lights without the wife wondering how I'm going to pay for it all..... :leaving

Thanks, Josh

#15 · (Edited)
PayPal or check is fine. Shipping will be $10 so Total for lights and shipping $170.

Paypal at my email address: joshuaottmann@hotmail.com select money to a friend or family in US. Most people misspell my last name so just fyi OTTMANN two "N's" ;)

PM and or PayPal with your forum name, real name and shipping address please so I can keep track of it best.

Thanks, Josh Ottmann 214-709-0665

#29 ·
payment sent
Please add me to the LED Light Kit .I am leaving tomorrow for Florida and Maggie Valley will be back end of May and will come over to your place Give me your mailing address and will send you a check Thanks Kay :yellow:
Josh, I am up for a set as well.

Please send me address so I can send a check.

Thanks so much,
I'll take a set I'' send funds with Pay Pal
sent paypay
or paypal - lol
also interested in an install kit.

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay but I was out of town for the weekend celebrating our 10 year anniversary.

I have PM'd everyone now that has posted. Please be suer to include your mailing address when you PM me.

Thanks, Josh

#23 · (Edited)
LED Light Kit

Please add me to the LED Light Kit .I am leaving tomorrow for Florida and Maggie Valley will be back end of May and will come over to your place Give me your mailing address and will send you a check Thanks Kay :yellow:
Good DEAL ,Sent Pay Pal Tonight .See you in May

Reactions: Joshvette
#32 ·
I'm about to post up the "How To Install Full LED Light Kit" I'll post it up in the Tech Section. It will take me several hours I think to do a full complete and thorough write up but I'll get it done today for those of you waiting to see how to install them. Everything is pretty easy to do..... of course I've done this now about 3-5 times per socket. ;)

Josh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.