Chevy SSR Forum banner

Houston Area SSR's

10K views 141 replies 14 participants last post by  Skip2004 
#1 ·
All Houston Area Fanatics

If you don't already know me. I'm Skip2004 (Skip) and now the "Go to Guy" in the Houston area.

I will be coordinating news and activities back and forth with Dinerman (Frank) and the other Texas R's.

Watch for the Gmpartsguy's (James) post later this month for the August Permagrin Breakfast. Please plan on coming it a great gathering.

We'll get some outdoor events going in the Fall when it cools down a bit.

Skip

#2 ·
Houston Area Fanatics

Mark your calendars for October 1st, 2016 for the Wallis Fine Rides Autofest in Wallis, Texas (Between Sealy and Rosenburg off State Highway 36)

REGISTRATION HAS NOT OPENED

I will be posting registration links and information as soon as I get it.

Roseanne and I entered this in 2013 which I receive a 3rd Place in the truck division. More to the story about the trophy. Ask Roseanne next time you see her.

Skip

#27 ·
This year's Wallis Fine Rides Autofest is Saturday October 1st.

The show is located at the Guardian Angel Catholic Church 5610 Demel Street, Wallis, Texas 77485.

Show hours are 9am to 2:30pm.

Preregistration starts August 1st and ends September 24th in the amount of $20.00.

After August 1st you can pre-register at Wallis,Texas Upcoming Events However, you can always register the day of the show for $25.00

More to come.

Skip

#3 ·
Oh yeah!!

Sounds like fun Skip. :party:

Madeline will be back at work by then BUT this is on a Saturday and is really close! We can do that! :smile2:

Thanks for the heads up. :liebe011:

Please keep us posted when registration is available. :thumbs

================
David :black:

#8 ·
Show - Coldspring, Texas October 16 Wolf Creek Park

We need to get a group of our Texas Rs together to meet at the Wolf Creek Car Show Oct 16. It is in Coldspring, TX at Wolf Creek Park on lake Livingston. I have attended this the past three years it is a great event. About 500 cars, vendors, good food, lots of shade and a nice breeze off the lake. And real rest rooms, no ports potties!!!
Best car show around. Show runs 10/15-16, camping is available. Most cars show up Second day for show and awards.
They have many classes for cars and trucks and three winners in each class plus several choice awards. Put it on you calendar.

Wolf Creek Car, Truck & Bike Show - Coldspring Texas Chamber of Commerce

Greg
Here's Texasbaehr (Greg) post from the July Houston Permagrin Breakfast thread.

This is after the Wallis Fine Rides Autofest on October 1st

Skip

#9 ·
I will be going for sure. If we can get a good group of TX Rs I will be glad to set up a rally point and lead the ride there. It's a nice ride out there. Have needed a jacket in the morning there as the breeze off the lake is pretty brisk (could use that now!)
Will have to decide if I take the Slingshot or the old Vette. Had the Vette there the last three years, never won anything, too much high $ competition in my class. Have a friend that is leading a group from the local Porsche 356 club also. Hardly ever any Rs there.

#10 · (Edited)
============================
Thanks for the update Greg. :liebe011:

Tell you what.....if you decide to "lead the group" properly in your SSR then I will follow you there.

★☆ Even if it means I would be following the wrong color!! ★☆ :glol:glol:glol

==================

#14 ·
=======================
"slow moving BLACK vehicles ".......Yep, that's right Gary, but only because we will be carrying those broken-down yaller cabs!!!!!!

:pokey: :bwekk: :glol :glol

Will you be able to ride with us? Gonna be fun! :thumbs

=======================

#19 ·
Skip, I am Gary Smith I attend the Houston Permagrin Breakfasts most of the time. The Gulf Coast GTO Club, which I belong to, is organizing a cruise/tour to the Hemi Hideaway. They need 30 bodies to make it a go. I plan to attend. The unfortunate part of this is it is taking place August 13, 2016 9:30 AM. I believe the club president Mimi Siracusa told me we would meet prior at the parking lot in front of Bass Pro Shop in Katy at about 8:00. I have a flyer I can copy and send to anyone who is interested that explains more. I do not know how to post on the SSR Forum. There is a cost, $5.00 charitable donation fee. This is the second time our club has attended. If you want a copy of the flyer email me at pontgto@hotmail.com If you want to RSVP directly contact Mimi at pontiaclady@gmail.com or call 713-557-9765 or Eric Stevens at gulfcoastgtos@yahoo.com .

#26 ·
=======================
Roy, I just got back from visiting my younger brother & family in Louisiana to celebrate my birthday (actually tomorrow the 25th) and saw your post. :thumbs

I think I'll be supporting our monthly Permagrin Breakfast....I'm BEAT!!!!!! :surprise: :glol:glol

=============

#29 ·
Any Players At There?

Hey Texan SSRs,

We a have a common bond with our SSRs. But....................

Are there any Fanatics that are musicians among us? I play bass and guitar (need to get back up to speed). Let's put a Texas SSR group together to play Texas Honky Tonk covers for our events.

Do we have any Texas players?

Skip

#34 · (Edited)
To address Dinerman's reference to the Houston Area SSRs as the Southeast Texas SSRs.

Although born in Dallas, I have been a Houstonian since I was 7. Soooooo...........I consider myself a Houstonian (maybe even native).

There has always been a competition between Little “D” and Houston.

We will call the Houston area group Southeast Texas SSRs if the Dallas /Fort Worth SSRs call themselves the Northeast Texas SSRs……

Hey, you guys are north of Houston.
Wha’ cha say? All in fun guys............

Skip

#39 ·
Just a question ~~~ what was wrong with "HOUSTON AREA" Fanatics???

I really liked that name....it fits. "If it ain't broke; don't fix it."

=================
David
This is control... HOUSTON AREA R'S... have landed. :nerd:

So, now that that is done... anyone for AUSTIN AREA R'S..:wink2:

Love you guys down south (Houston area).. great job :thumbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.