User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy SSR Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Texas

SsrFanatic.com is the premier Chevrolet SSR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'05 Concept Truck, powered by Heavy Duty rubberbands, and a really BIG WINDUP KEY!
View Focks's Photo Gallery
Matcha Tea

Does anyone else in the area drink Match Green Tea? I've been drinking quite a bit of it and i'm looking into buying some in bulk from japan.

If anyone else is interested. Drop me a line or call me.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

My SSR:
Black 2004
View Bigmax 2004's Photo Gallery
?????

Maybe it would help if you could tell us what Matcha Tea is and what it does for us.
Bigmax 2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
'05 Concept Truck, powered by Heavy Duty rubberbands, and a really BIG WINDUP KEY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmax 2004 View Post
Maybe it would help if you could tell us what Matcha Tea is and what it does for us.
I've added a link and some info off of another website. There is a company that imports this type of tea, and they sell it in boxes of 10 Sleeves. 1 sleeve per cup. It typically sells for @$14-16 a box, and 2 boxes do not come even near what 1 kilo would cost.

The Tea I am looking at comes from Japan. it is organically grown. Normal grade is $28.50 a kilo, and top grade is $56 a kilo. 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs. Top Grade has a better taste and a slight sweetness to it, while normal grade tastes closer to grass. The Matcha Tea from Richi, that I've been drinking is closer to normal grade than top.

10oz. of Matcha Tea from Amazon Prime is $22.80 10oz. of Matcha Tea from Amazon Prime is $22.80

Matcha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water.

One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content.

For maximum nutritional benefit, matcha tea is unparalleled.

A cancer-fighter, a fat-burner, and much more, matcha leaves other green teas far behind

Every day, countless people throw away valuable antioxidants and minerals. While seemingly unimaginable, thats exactly what happens when you brew a cup of green tea because water can only extract a fraction of green teas benefits. The majority actually remains unused, trapped in the tea leaves. In reality, the only way to truly take advantage of green teas full potential is to consume the entire leaf. But that doesnt mean you need to start eating tea leaves. The simplest solution is to just enjoy a bowl of matcha. Because matcha is straight, stoneground tea leaves, matcha provides you with green teas powerful arsenal of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids in a way no other green tea can. In fact, to even begin to match the potency found in a single serving of matcha, you would need to drink at least ten cups of brewed green tea. When it comes to helping you achieve and maintain optimum health, matcha is without equal.

Amongst its many benefits, matcha...
Is packed with antioxidantsincluding the powerful EGCg
Boosts metabolism and burns calories
Detoxifies effectively and naturally
Calms and relaxes
Enhances mood and aids in concentration
Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
Fights against viruses and bacteria
Is rich in fiber
Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Does not raise insulin levels

Last edited by Focks; 01-15-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Focks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deputy Dawg

My SSR:
2004 Custom Two Tone
View RUN ROD RUN's Photo Gallery
Not to hi-jack your thread Michael but have you ever tried Choice Tea?
Shop for Choice Organic Teas | Buy All Your Favorite Choice Organic Teas Right Here! | FREE Shipping on Orders Over $49

This tea company was found by my brother way back when and he sold it to retire sometime in 2007 - 2008.
RUN ROD RUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

My SSR:
Was.....Custom 05
View Whitewolf's Photo Gallery
Fixxxxxxed In Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focks View Post
I've added a link and some info off of another website. There is a company that imports this type of tea, and they sell it in boxes of 10 Sleeves. 1 sleeve per cup. It typically sells for @$14-16 a box, and 2 boxes do not come even near what 1 kilo would cost.

The Tea I am looking at comes from Japan. it is organically grown. Normal grade is $28.50 a kilo, and top grade is $56 a kilo. 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs. Top Grade has a better taste and a slight sweetness to it, while normal grade tastes closer to grass. The Matcha Tea from Richi, that I've been drinking is closer to normal grade than top.

10oz. of Matcha Tea from Amazon Prime is $22.80

The health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water.

One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content.

A cancer-fighter, a fat-burner, and much more, matcha leaves other green teas far behind

Every day, countless people throw away valuable antioxidants and minerals. While seemingly unimaginable, thats exactly what happens when you brew a cup of green tea because water can only extract a fraction of green teas benefits. The majority actually remains unused, trapped in the tea leaves. In reality, the only way to truly take advantage of green teas full potential is to consume the entire leaf. But that doesnt mean you need to start eating tea leaves. The simplest solution is to just enjoy a bowl of matcha. Because matcha is straight, stoneground tea leaves, matcha provides you with green teas powerful arsenal of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids in a way no other green tea can. In fact, to even begin to match the potency found in a single serving of matcha, you would need to drink at least ten cups of brewed green tea. When it comes to helping you achieve and maintain optimum health, matcha is without equal.

Calms and relaxes
Is rich in fiber
Focks, And I thought I was a salesman.........I can't hold a candle to you.........Since I'm just down the road a little peice from you .....Do you deliever????????? This stuff sounds good to me but I'm an old retired gentleman....living here in Texas on a fixxxxxxxed income.....(I even had to sell my SSR in order to come to Texas).....Can you cut me a deal??????,Wolfie
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2006 Black FPR #24031 BOD=03/14/2006 The Black Knight
View Warrior=='06's Photo Gallery
Question What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focks View Post

10oz. of Matcha Tea from Amazon Prime is $22.80

Calms and relaxes
Is rich in fiber
=======================================
WOW I guess I'm just an ignorant "good ole boy"-----I mostly drink water or sometimes when it really gets hot I will drink a beer (or two).

But that's just me.
====
David
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
I drink water all the time, and coffee, as well as Vodka, or a nice single malt irish whiskey, but i also like green tea.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow
View river_rat's Photo Gallery
Now there ya go. That Matcha tea might be downright tasty when mixed with vodka or whiskey.
river_rat is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Red face What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
Now there ya go. That Matcha tea might be downright tasty when mixed with vodka or whiskey.
=======================
I'm just gettin' more & more confused.

Whadda ya mean "mixed"?? Why would ya wanna go & do that to some good whiskey? Mix whiskey??!?!? What's that about??

=====================
David
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Will there you go David, River Rat obviously fallen off of his medication, and thinks you make something with good whiskey. To reiterate good tea is good tea.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
The fun part about shopping on the Chinese network for Matcha Green tea is once you start piddling around and asking different sellers about their tea, they come out of the woodwork to help you.

A lot of them have a set price on the website, when you start sending inquiries the prices change. They try to get the best price they can, like any good sales person, but when you call them on it they usually come back down. The whole trick is to catch them at the right moment to get them to come down far enough for it makes it worthwhile for you.

I already found three distributors and order tea from all three to find out who has the best price, and the best tea. But I'm guessing it's a small community, because now I'm getting inquiries from other dealers. Shopping online is so much fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That said does anyone else have an iPhone 5? I've used the same website for iPhone 5 accessories. When I bought Diane and I iPhone 5's for our anniversary they only came with one cable for charging and a plug for the wall. They didn't have anything else available or cases. I went to the same website and bought extra cables and adapters and cases for a 1/3 of the price I would've paid going to Apple.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Cool Ah sooooo

"Now grasshopper......grab the pebble from my hand." ..........
Matcha Tea-chucknorrisfacekick.png..."bow to your sen-say!!"

"Now the TEA-pupil becomes the TEA-Master"
================================

WOW---you obviously are a connoisseur as to all things tea. I bow to your lead here. I must admit that I only drink Iced Tea when it is warm outside. I never really was brought up around any drinking of hot tea. Your facts were very interesting & I wiil now explore the "other" tea.

Thanks Focks
============================
David
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
David, I'll tell you what, when I get all of the tea's, I will put together three sample bags and send them out, then you can try them. it would be good to get a second opinion on them.

In fact, I think I need to send a set to Dragon as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
I sure love my Hot SSRod

My SSR:
Pearl over UV tu-tone - "PurLple" w/ custom billet rallye wheels/baby moons & wide whitewalls, 4:56s
View turnheadz's Photo Gallery
I just bought this one DoMatcha: An Ancient Japanese Green Tea and I add cinnamon honey to it
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Topless SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Blue Voodoo, 2006 Pacific Blue 3SS Auto, Born 8/26/2005 (first day of PB), adopted 11/16/12
View Blue Voodoo's Photo Gallery
Focks... ever tried the Organo Gold green tea?

----Lil Bugger-----------Blue Voodoo-------------Red

When you're as average as I am, you tend to be drawn to the unique
Blue Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snsitiv View Post
Focks... ever tried the Organo Gold green tea?
Never heard of it. Is the leaf ground up as well?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Topless SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Blue Voodoo, 2006 Pacific Blue 3SS Auto, Born 8/26/2005 (first day of PB), adopted 11/16/12
"The soothing and flavorful character of Organic Green Tea combined with the benefits of Organic Ganoderma. Ganoderma Lucidum is a rare mushroom/herb that has been in use by aristocrates in emporers for 2000 years." ....

The list of benefits is very long.. and probably a bit altruistic if the truth be known. However, I do drink the coffee version and I have to say, it's does give me quite a kick. My daughter sells them on her website. PM me if you're interested and i'll send you the link.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
By all means, post the link. i may not be the only one interested.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Topless SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Sorry for the delay. I kinda' fell off last night.

Here is her website; Kim's Organo Gold

Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Cool

This thread has become most interesting to me. Truthfully, I never thought much of hot tea but it seems as there are definite benefits.

Thanks for showing this "old dog" a new trick...

Matcha Tea-dunce.jpg
==================================
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Texas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.