1. First TECH DAY on the WEST COAST of Florida, To be held off 75, exit 195, in Nokomis, Fl.
Phil/Diane Walker, PCW06SSR will be the Host.
Phil's Cell Phone # 941-914-1123
Plenty of parking, big garage with a LIFT and lunch.
This is a great opportunity for Ft. Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs area to come to a Tech Day.
With a LIFT we will be able to do RADIATOR SUPPORTS quickly, which everyone should have AND the SHIFT CABLE REPAIR KITS.
Mike's FRAME STIFFENERS, a great addition for handling and eliminating squeaks and rattles.
Ignition Switch (can do instructional install)
Muth Mirrors (can install)
Soundproofing (can install)
Mole Skin (can install)
Stainless Air Dams (can install)
Bed Struts (can install)
Hood Struts (Replace Noodle Bar on 03/04)
Radiator Fan (can install)
Blinking Brake Light (can install)
Door Decals (can install)
LM487 Flasher (can install)
Red 92 LED Brake lights (can install)
Stainless 5” exhaust tips (CAN NOT install on Tech Day)
Seat Belt SSR Pads
SSR Valve Caps
SSR Travel Mugs
SSR Stainless Pens
Sheepskin Microfiber Towels
Hood Seal Kits a MUST for those with under hood goodies. (can install)
Cluster Faceplate in colors, Yellow, Red, White, etc. (CAN NOT change on Tech Day)
Cluster Needles in colors (CAN NOT change on Tech Day)
Stepper Motors (CAN NOT change on Tech Day)
AND a GM TECH 2 to read your computer for code problems.
The Florida Tech Staff will be on site to TEACH, ASSIST and HELP install your selections.
This is a “HANDS ON” Tech Day, so wear your work clothes.
For the most part, tools will be available, so don’t bring your work shop with you. Personal hand tools are recommended. Mostly Metric.
My SSR: 06 Aqua Blur, #22930, Born 12/12/05, VYJ, Auto
Further Information on January 12, 2013 Tech Day: Anyone wishing to spend the night:
Hotels close by: Hampton Inn and Suites
881 Venetia Bay Blvd
Venice, FL Ph: 941-488-5900
400 Commercial Ct
Venice, FL Ph: 941-480-9898
Fairfield Inn and Suites
2935 Executive Dr
Venice, FL Ph: 941-488-4343
281 U S Highway 41 By Pass N
Venice, FL Ph: 941-485-8285
This is our Snow Bird Season so not sure of rates. First 3 listed are nice Hotels not sure of Motel 6. Read some ratings and not so good.
Again we plan on Shuttling the Ladies to Downtown Venice for Shopping on the Avenue. Plan on leaving about 10:30 and picking up at 1 PM. This can change if it's to long to shop! Want to have Lunch around 2 PM. Also those wishing to stay after dark on Saturday we can have a bon fire if it's not to dry and Fire Marshall allows it. We have plenty of grass parking for as many as 100 vehicles if needed. Will update further as we get closer to the event. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me. Phil 941-914-1123
Wear your "bang around" clothes and bring your hand tools, YOU will be working on your R. Our Tech Staff will provide knowledge and help for you.
We will have our GM Tech 2 Diagnostic Tool at Tech day to diagnose any problems.
Ed Borland, Ed's-Red-05 is our electrical and roof guru.
Spoke with Mike in AZ and a shipment of Frame Stiffeners are on the way for Tech Day.
1. Mike in AZ replacement fan, made in U.S., three time more CFM and 1/2 the price of OEM Fan,which you can not get anymore.
2. Frame Stiffener/powder-coated. Improve handling, Tire wear, take out squeaks, shakes and rattles.
3. 03/04 Hood Strut replacement. Get rid of the single "noodle bar" and install gas hood struts.
4. STEEL Radiator Support! The one MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do (in my opinion) is replace the Factory OEM PLASTIC radiator support with a STEEL powder coated one. Improve safety in case you run over any highway Debris, improves tire wear, takes shake out of steering wheel.
5. The infamous Shift Cable Repair. Factory OEM holds your shift cable on with neoprene bushing, which is about 3" from Catalytic Converter, running at 1800 degrees. Neoprene cooks, crumbles and falls OFF. This replacement is S/S and secured with lock nut. Much less than a tow, parts, labor cost at a Dealer, who replaces it with same problem.
1. Stainless Air Dams. Polished/brushed 3 models. Always run an air dam, sucks hot air out of engine compartment while moving.
2. Ignition Switch. Chance to upgrade or replace ignition switch. Should carry spare, more important than spare tire.
3. Muth Directional Mirrors. Excellent addition to any R.
4. Mole Skin. If you tint windows, you should add mole skin to prevent "scratching" from the hard window seals.
5. Soundproofing. Good for road noise and insulation from heat in the summer. Also do roof compartment. I do roof vents on the 03/04 & early 05 for FREE!
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.