Chevy SSR Forum banner

1/25 SSR Revell model

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Achias 
#1 ·
I found 20 Revell models while on vacation in York, PA. Red with white stripe. $15.00 plus shipping.from Murfreesboro, Tn. PM if interested. I'll be here till Thursday.

#13 ·
It is the 1/24 or 1/25 like the OP is discussing. The top does not fold, but it does lift of. The instruction say you can build it either way.
The contents come in three "colors" Chrome, Clear(windshield etc) and white. So anything not white, chrome or clear was painted, like the seats, chassis, silver on steering wheel, black dash and visors.
For me, it's hard to be patient with the paint and glue. It has four or five coats of red and two coats of clear coat.

The autoart cars are unbelievably well done and detail is well, awesome. I got one to match the miata we had before getting the SSR. It had black interior, I painted it to match our car. The motor and engine bay is amazing, the trunk is carpeted. I doubt they ever make the SSR, probably to few real ones made to warrant it.

Attachments

#14 ·
and here are some more of the SSR
The close up shots show some dust and glue strings. You can also see some of the decals that come with it. They are a pain to work with. I used tooth picks to lift and place the stickers. Air intake, brake fluid washer etc.

#17 ·
Thanks for sharing You did a good job on your assembly. I purchased my kit several years ago, unfortunately my hands sake a little too much to try to assemble it. So I'll just keep it for when I sell my 04 along with all the other stuff I have purchased over the years.

Long may you all run with your Rs shining in the sun.

#19 ·
serial number on box 85-7691

Revell SSR kit is white and is 1:25 scale. 7 3/4'' long - as listed on side of box under the word - Features.

Box photo of model is a red SSR.
Red is a favorite color and I wish we had a RED one on the upper part of the Fanatic.com banner. :yesnod

#20 · (Edited)
SSR & 3100 Models

I thought I'd post pics of this project from a few years ago.

In the first two photos, you can see the reason that I put Vetteman's stainless steel grill parts on Ilsa.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.