Chevy SSR Forum banner

Dictator and SE to the Rescue once again!

828 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BlueStreak 
#1 ·
While I was working on my spring mods (see my recent post under what did you do with your SSR) my neighbor came over asking if I had a connection to get parts quicker. It seems her transmission shift linkage broke on her trailblazer. She had a friend come look at it in the grocery store parking lot where it broke. He was able to use some duct tape so she could drive home. He was not able to find any parts that Friday evening or the next day (Saturday of memorial day weekend) and possibly could not get her SUV back on the road until Tuesday or Wednesday. This would have put a damper on her and her preteen daughters plans for the weekend. One of the other mods I had intended to do was to install Dictators shift linkage kit I got from SE when I purchased the ECBM shield (that was so easy, it was installed soon after arrival). The shift kit had been in the glove box for about 3 years. I gave it to her and said that I would install it if she had any jack stands (mine were in use). Her friend came over and was able to install with my tools without using a jack (he is younger, more agile and alot thinner!)
This saved their weekend woohoo

DICTATOR - If a lady named Beth from Hilliard Ohio calls (your card was in the package) wanting a shift kit please tell her "IT IS NOT NECESSARY --It has been taken care of" I will purchase a replacement myself with my next SE order.

Sorry for the long post - I thought I might show an example of how the help from this forum spreads beyond us fanatics. :liebe011:
If we can't help each other --- What's the point?

I cannot express my thanks enough to all and everybody's dedication to this fine group of people! I hope I can attend a rally or meet some of you another way in the near future.

See less See more
#5 ·
tranmission lever

xx according the part number this "Lever" on our tranny is used on 90+ GM vehicles,

While I was working on my spring mods (see my recent post under what did you do with your SSR) my neighbor came over asking if I had a connection to get parts quicker. It seems her transmission shift linkage broke on her trailblazer. She had a friend come look at it in the grocery store parking lot where it broke. He was able to use some duct tape so she could drive home. He was not able to find any parts that Friday evening or the next day (Saturday of memorial day weekend) and possibly could not get her SUV back on the road until Tuesday or Wednesday. This would have put a damper on her and her preteen daughters plans for the weekend. One of the other mods I had intended to do was to install Dictators shift linkage kit I got from SE when I purchased the ECBM shield (that was so easy, it was installed soon after arrival). The shift kit had been in the glove box for about 3 years. I gave it to her and said that I would install it if she had any jack stands (mine were in use). Her friend came over and was able to install with my tools without using a jack (he is younger, more agile and alot thinner!)
according the part number this "Lever" on our tranny is used on 90+ GM vehicles,

This saved their weekend woohoo

DICTATOR - If a lady named Beth from Hilliard Ohio calls (your card was in the package) wanting a shift kit please tell her "IT IS NOT NECESSARY --It has been taken care of" I will purchase a replacement myself with my next SE order.

Sorry for the long post - I thought I might show an example of how the help from this forum spreads beyond us fanatics. :liebe011:

I cannot express my thanks enough to all and everybody's dedication to this fine group of people! I hope I can attend a rally or meet some of you another way in the near future.

#6 ·
This saved their weekend

Sorry for the long post - I thought I might show an example of how the help from this forum spreads beyond us fanatics.

You are not only knowledgeable, but a great Goodwill Ambassador for us. Why not try to make it to PA for the C/CB event in early October. There are going to be lots of people to meet. Or run down to Huntsville, AL for a weekend later that month.
Just trying to help you meet the crowd you hang out with:pokey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.