Chevy SSR Forum banner

Things to Know

1K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Hollister SSR 
#1 ·
Things I've Learned

Although I have learned many important things through this forum, I was pondering some of the things that I have learned by attending rallies and thought that I'd share these "tongue-in-cheek" discoveries with everyone and open it up for additions from the rest of you.

1) Interstate on ramps are legal drag strips (Jeff- Blue Thunder)

2) Pig Snot is not a pork product, but a detailing item (Marty)

3) When embarking on a day run with a group, make sure that you top off your gas tank. (personal observation of SSR pilots scurrying to find a station in the middle of nowhere).

4) Whenever two or more SSR's are together, it is a car show.

5) No matter how many "improvements" you have installed, someone will always have a "must have" that you need.

6) Never use a California Duster on a black SSR that has been sitting in the Texas sun all day. (self discovery)

See less See more
#7 ·
You just need to have a quick answer for the dumbdumbs out there.

Had a local with a new Mustang Shelby GT500 ask me how I liked my HHR. Told him It's great - how do you your Pinto.:cheers

#11 ·
Is it a car or a truck was a popular question I've been asked. Depending on what the person that asked was driving (and the tone of the question), my response varied. If they had a Dodge product, I'd simply ask if "that thing got a Hemi ?" If it was a Ford, I once asked if they wanted me to call a tow truck.

Trying to keep a group of SSR's organized is like herding cats. You think they're all collected,

but there is always one or two that got away.

#15 ·
I remember this like it was yesterday... I was going to a 2009 SSR Rally in Niagara Falls Canada to meet up with some of our members and when I was returning home the Canadian Boarder Inspector asked me what I was driving... was that a P-T Cruiser? I said are you serious? OH MY GOD NOT EVEN CLOSE! :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.