Chevy SSR Forum banner

We're all a bunch of grumpy old men

997 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  tennesseecozydog 
#1 ·
New web site structure, bitch, bitch, bitch.

Password reset, bitch, bitch bitch.

I know some of you had serious issues with both and I understand your frustration. But in the end, it is for the greater good.

We all hate change, it's human nature to not like change, we are creatures of habit.

But the web site update a few months go was necessary to keep up with today's technology. The password reset was necessary to protect you and the greater SSR community from hacks, yes there are bad people out there. I already had 3 emails from other sites about the password reset, so I knew it wasn't a scam, but I understand why some thought it might be. Congratulations and a big thumbs up to those that questioned the email, this is healthy internet thinking. Always doubt emails with links. Thumbs up to admins that reset the passwords so we would be safe.

I too hate change, but we have to keep moving forward. Example, Windows 7 to Windows 10. I hate the Windows 10 Start menu, but someone on this site (sorry don't recall who) pointed us to an app called Start10. It makes your Windows 10 start menu look like Windows 7. Love it! Best $4.99 I spent and install was painless.

I try not to be a grumpy old man, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Thank goodness for websites like this!

See less See more
#4 ·
What are windows 7 and 10 etc? I still have Windows XP and livin the dream. Works for me.

Reactions: BlueStreak
#6 ·
Yes, I am getting Grumpy.
I have been here for over 10 years.
I paid to be a life long member.
I have done how to’s.
Shared games and photo contests.
Started the Christmas swap.
And now I have lost my Identity.
Lost my first ever SSR of the month tag.
Lost my life long member tag.
I can no longer edit any posts that I have made in the past.
But being here for 4 months you would not have any of these issues.
Change is not the problem here, the non laminar flow of change is.
I saw a note to you from Marc earlier. Send him a PM and I am sure he will get it taken care of.

#8 ·
New web site structure, bitch, bitch, bitch.

Password reset, bitch, bitch bitch.

I know some of you had serious issues with both and I understand your frustration. But in the end, it is for the greater good.

I try not to be a grumpy old man, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Thank goodness for websites like this!
From your avatar, I would expect you to be the sour puss :jester

posted here by ssrtruck who is currently locked out because I did NOT update my e-mail like I was told to.
Please understand the humor and don't yell at Mindy (mrs.ssrtruck)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.