Chevy SSR Forum banner

What Did You Do With Your SSR Today?

1M views 15K replies 567 participants last post by  Stlhotrod 
#1 ·
This idea is on another forum that I visit, and I think it is a great idea!

:yellow: :ssr :black: :purple: :silver: :blur: :blue:

It's early here, so I haven't done anything to mine yet, but a top to bottom cleaning is needed on my R. I hope to get to that today. ;)

#634 ·
Howdy,
left at dark thirty and drove the R up to Chuckstr's in Longwood where it is getting all the "Whiskey dents" the former owner put in the front and rear plastic skirts, plus the really ugly hood dents and tailgate creases. Not a complete repaint, but more than just lipstick on a pig. I will be forced to drive the 52 MGTD for a week while it gets all gussied up.

Maybe Maggie Valley next year for us, but for those going, have a great and safe trip!

Mike

#638 ·
We put 325 miles on the :yellow: today.
Round trip to Tarleton State University for one of my daughter's graduation.

The Sheriff working the parking lot directed me into a roped off area; he said his dad has a :blur: and let's not risk a door ding...made a great day even better :thumbs

Tomorrow...I will clean the bugs off it; looks like I reduce the population. The fresh coal of wax sure turned out to be a good move.

#639 ·
Drove her home to Ft Rucker after a week with mom in High Point NC, Friday in Franklin NC at a Wholesale bead show, ending in a quick run to Maggie Valley to see Gina and Danny at the Laurel Park Inn ( What great Fanatics, folks, friends, hosts, they are!)Got up at 6:45 am and was home with my Mark just after 1pm ! BTW, I have decided the North is welcome to take Atlanta back anytime! I just HATE driving thru there!!!

#640 ·
I've been busy the past couple of days. Took it Sat AM to a local detail shop for a polish, buff and wax (they did a decent job- could have been better but got a bunch of fine scratches out). I've been working on the wheels getting them all polished. Spent some time on the interior today- Lexol leather cleaner and spray conditioner and also cleaning the dash etc with ArmorAll cleaning wipes. Going to try and finish the interior tomorrow and start under the hood....

#659 ·
Installed Mike's Exhaust Tips

No rain today so I went to Supreme Muffler in Metairie, LA and had the new exhaust tips installed. One of the owners liked the tips and commented on their quality and said he might contact Mike to see if he could carry them. :blue:

#665 ·
After nine years and 85,K miles on my SSR. I had to replace the Ignition Switch. This must be a record for an SSR Ignition Switch. Well I knew there was a problem with the Switch, from the time I purchased my SSR. So I added a couple of Power Relays. I guess I was right in doing so. I wasn't happy when that switch went out. I was in the number one lane of a very busy street. Just 50 yards from an intersection. Stopped because of a Signal Light. Man people can get crazy when you hold them up.:nep: But a couple of nice guys showed up and helped me get to a side street.:hyper:

#672 ·
hey guys I just had new interior installed, painted wing and running boards, and had new pinstripes by Liza. so been kinda busy around here. unfortunately had to miss Maggie Valley, but thanks to Lonnie everything went as smooth as possible. its great to have Lonnie here to help with customizing.