• 1 Post By HUAW
  • 1 Post By Auggie Doggie
  • 1 Post By sbubbaklein
  • 1 Post By tennesseecozydog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Confirmed as Fastest Camaro Ever

Quote:
Everyone knows the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is fast, but the track-focused muscle car has been confirmed as the fastest Camaro ever.

With a verified top speed of 198 mph (318 km/h) the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 equipped with the new 10-speed automatic transmission is faster than the 2017 BMW M5 Competition (190 mph, 306 km/h) and the Jaguar F-Type R (186 mph, 300 km/h).

The ZL1 was tested flat out at the High Speed Oval at Germany’s Automotive Testing Papenburg proving grounds and the car was completely stock, including tires, except for the data logging equipment and mandatory extra safety gear.

'This test caps an impressive list of performance stats for the Camaro ZL1, which was designed to excel at everything,' said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer, in a statement. 'It’s the most capable — and fastest — Camaro ever.'

Powered by a supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V8, the Camaro ZL1 outputs 650 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque. All in, the ZL1 can rocket to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, finish the quarter mile in 11.4 seconds at 127 mph, and achieve 1.02g of max cornering. Pricing for the Camaro ZL1 starts at $63,435 including destination in the U.S. for manual transmission model and $65,830 for the 10-speed automatic.
Read more about the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Confirmed as Fastest Camaro Ever at AutoGuide.com.
flamminnanner06 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 06:45 PM
SSR Fanatic
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
06' Pac Blue #123244 w/Chrome Pkg, Born on date of 12-21-2005... Sadly Sold Pac Blue #121631 in 09'
Garage
WOW!!! I'd like a Blue one please! Bought my Power Ball ticket tonight!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"HUAW" = "Hooah", Its an ARMY Thing! Which can mean nearly anything that is Awesome or Positive!!! Just like a CHEVY SSR!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
05 Slingshot Yellow,Built 1-24-05,VIN120035,INDY500 Track/Festival/Parade Truck #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUAW View Post
WOW!!! I'd like a Blue one please! Bought my Power Ball ticket tonight!!!
If you win I'll take mine with that entire ZL1 drivetrain with the Slingshot Yellow body on it. Can you handle that? Just thought I would ask. Never mind!!!

God Bless and Keep on Truckin,
Auggie Doggie <><

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 06:16 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Slingshot Yellow, 2005 Smokin Asphalt
Garage
nice ride, bet the yellow one is faster
Auggie Doggie likes this.

2004 SSR, slingshot yellow, automatic, 113K miles, super clean, XM Direct, rear frame stiffener, ABS heat shield, spare tire kit, battery relocation kit, shift cable kit, console case, logo mats,
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:03 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
05 Redline Red, chrome rims, runnin' boards, front splitter, rear spoiler "Power Glide"
Hey HUAW, if you hit the Power Ball, I'll take my money in cash ... at my age, have no need for a fast Camaro !!! Played the Lottery 3 weeks ago today when I was 77 ... same old story, didn't have 1 number right. To show you I'm not a poor loser ... good luck with your "tik" hope you win it all. Bob Alexander ps Oh by the way HUAW, Auggie Doggie & sbubbaklein hope you noticed the release image is REDLINE RED !!!
spook likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Silver on Black TVS2300 supercharged FPR 6 speed 4:10 #23387
Garage
I'll take mine with the manual transmission - I get what I want and save $2400 while doing it. How come the manual transmission on my SSR was at a premium?

No, Bob it's not that orangy looking red from a Redline. It's a darker red, closer to the Victory Red on my pickup.

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

00567 Slingshot May 04 - March 06
Sig #23 May 07 - Sept 09
24092 Pac Blue Nov 07 - Oct 08
Sig #12 Aug 2008 - Aug 2010

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
04 427 UV, 65 BBVet, 96 ViperGTS, 68 396 Cam, 69 Z/28, 92 Typhoon,11 S/C 392 Challenger
Garage
Flassh: I've been debating ordering one for some time. Man I do like this ZL-1 machine. Getting too old for these kind of toys though ...maybe?? Oh and T-Dog with your back I'm not sure you could climb in and out of a Camaro, better clear that one with Jan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSRFanatic News & Polls > SSRFanatic News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.