User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

SsrFanatic.com is the premier Chevrolet SSR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Mexico Rambler
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
R&R-#18510 Adopted 4/18/09 Mikes Tips, Muth mirrors, Sirius, S44, V-LEDS, GTO Spoiler, LED WindJam'r
View New Mexico Rambler's Photo Gallery
Cargo Deck Lid Adjustment

While in Glenwood Springs, we installed a set of the longer struts for my cargo lid. It was then that I noticed the left forward corner of the cargo lid is raised above the rest of the body (maybe 1/8 or 3/16"). Is there any reference material as to how to adjust the cargo lid? Or is this something that I should let the Chevy mechanic adjust?

Only a few of us are lucky enough
to have a BLUR under their saddle!
New Mexico Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

View MnMsToy's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mexico Rambler View Post
While in Glenwood Springs, we installed a set of the longer struts for my cargo lid. It was then that I noticed the left forward corner of the cargo lid is raised above the rest of the body (maybe 1/8 or 3/16"). Is there any reference material as to how to adjust the cargo lid? Or is this something that I should let the Chevy mechanic adjust?
Rambler, I know it is adjustable. But, I dont know the procedure. Maybe someone will anawer your post this week end. If you were able to adjust please let me know the process?
MnMsToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Mexico Rambler

My SSR:
R&R-#18510 Adopted 4/18/09 Mikes Tips, Muth mirrors, Sirius, S44, V-LEDS, GTO Spoiler, LED WindJam'r
Nope - there are some things that I'd rather leave to the Pro's. I'm just hoping that my local Chevy dealer has one

Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur #18114 born on 11/18/04
View OLBSSRD's Photo Gallery
The only adjustment I'm aware of is in how the bracket assembly attaches to the wall of the bed. The bracket is attached with four bolts, and there is some room for movement. The cargo lid rests on this bracket (the pegs are part of it). Good luck, we tried to adjust the 04, and it's a pain!

OLBSSRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

View Shadowman's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLBSSRD View Post
The only adjustment I'm aware of is in how the bracket assembly attaches to the wall of the bed. The bracket is attached with four bolts, and there is some room for movement. The cargo lid rests on this bracket (the pegs are part of it). Good luck, we tried to adjust the 04, and it's a pain!

The Chevy dealer adjusted mine, he finally had to make a spacer for the right rear latch to get it right.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

My SSR:
Black and Silver
View ZsSSR's Photo Gallery
Quote:
If you installed the longer LST struts, the pressure may be to high in the struts. You may need to work with LST to get struts with a slightly reduced pressure??

Last edited by ZsSSR; 09-21-2009 at 08:33 PM.
ZsSSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

My SSR:
05 Aqua Blur #18114 born on 11/18/04
View OLBSSRD's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsSSR View Post
If you installed the longer LST struts, the pressure may be to high in the struts. You may need to work with LST to get struts with a slightly reduced pressure??
Hmmm.... Could the stronger struts lift the corner that much if there wasn't/hadn't been movement in the bracket? Hey, Zs - when will we see you again?

OLBSSRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Smokin' Asphalt, Born 12/17/04 & Adopted 2/27/07
View PapaWalker's Photo Gallery
Cool

With original struts my deck lid openned just enough to allow lifting lid with a finger. Dealer Service Manager had seen the problem before so order updated struts and everything works great now.
PapaWalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

My SSR:
Black and Silver
View ZsSSR's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLBSSRD View Post
Hmmm.... Could the stronger struts lift the corner that much if there wasn't/hadn't been movement in the bracket? Hey, Zs - when will we see you again?

I've seen some of just the normal length (vs extended mentioned in original post) struts that were on the high side pressure wise, cause the front corners to rise a bit... this is with the bracket still in original un-modified position.

Its cooling down a bit now so may see you soon!
ZsSSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Mexico Rambler

My SSR:
Talking

Well I'll be taking the R into the Chevy dealer in November to have the Corvette transmission servo installed and to have the 50K service done. I'll also have them adjust the cargo cover then. Thanks for all your advice and suggestons though. Rambler

Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew

View MnMsToy's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Well I'll be taking the R into the Chevy dealer in November to have the Corvette transmission servo installed and to have the 50K service done. I'll also have them adjust the cargo cover then. Thanks for all your advice and suggestons though. Rambler
Ramber, if you installed the upgraded LST struts the issued discuussed below could be the problem. " We have now determined the variables that we have to consider. It appears that on most SSR'S the closed length of the Deck Struts are slightly less on the Driver's Side than the passengers side. With this taken into consideration, a precise and accurate length for the new Deck Supports, that will achieve a three inch extra height increase at the centre rear point of the Deck Lid, has now been established. The first of these both in Black and Stainless will be sent to Rebel and Mike in Arizona for evaluation and test fitment on their vehicles in the near future." Here is the link for complete thread:

Deck Lid Opening 3 Inch Height Increase
MnMsToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Mexico Rambler

My SSR:
Hummm. So these struts may be too long - causing (only) the driver side of the closed cargo cover to be raised slightly (1/8 to 3/16")? Maybe Mike in AZ will have the test struts installed on his R by the time I go see him in two weeks - then, he can give me some advice as to what I should do to remedy my problem?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Deputy Dawg

My SSR:
2004 Custom Two Tone
View RUN ROD RUN's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Hummm. So these struts may be too long - causing (only) the driver side of the closed cargo cover to be raised slightly (1/8 to 3/16")? Maybe Mike in AZ will have the test struts installed on his R by the time I go see him in two weeks - then, he can give me some advice as to what I should do to remedy my problem?
Just wait until you see Mike. Be sure to have pen and note pad as he can tell you tons of useful tips.
RUN ROD RUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Mexico Rambler

My SSR:
Will do. THANKS!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.