Chevy SSR Forum banner

Fuel gauge not working properly

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  river_rat 
#1 ·
My fuel gauge does not drop back to zero when the ignition is turned of, so when I turn the ignition on the gauge reads way over full, I have reset the computer but it only help for a short while, am I correct in assuming that it is the fuel gauge stepper motor?
If so there was a guy in Maple Ridge, BC, Canada that repaired my speedo, is he still around?
Is there any info on the gauge cluster removal?

#2 ·
Yep, you have a bad stepper motor. Make sure to replace all five, fairly easy to do yourself, or there are several members that can do it for you. Instructions on cluster removal listed on Dicktator's Microsoft ICloud repair library.

#5 ·
Hopefully you purchased the Juken Switec x27.168. They are the latest and most reliable variant of these steppers. Use a fairly low wattage soldering iron (I use a 15 watt), apply heat to the leg, not the land and use a desoldering tool (solder sucker). You will need to recalibrate the steppers after replacing. Lots of YouTube videos to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.