User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

SsrFanatic.com is the premier Chevrolet SSR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

View sonny ssr's Photo Gallery
gmos-01 wiring

does anyone have the wiring diagram for the gmos-01 harness?i bought a new one and opened it tonight to start the stereo install and the wiring diagram is missing.i knew i should have become a mind reader instead of a motorcycle mechanic.i run into this crap all the time.thanks.sonny
sonny ssr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

View BM4275's Photo Gallery
Gmos-01 ?

Unless I missed something I think you may have the wrong adapter. I just finished my install and used the GMOS-04 which retains the chimes and RAP features as well as integration with the Bose amp. attached is a short description.

Problem: Installing an aftermarket receiver in many late model (2000-up) General Motors vehicles means losing ONSTAR system functions, the Bose amplified speaker system, audible safety warnings, and the chime that warns the door is open.

Solution: Metra's GMOS-04 GM Class II data bus interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles without losing these functions. Connect your in-dash receiver to the GMOS-04 interface's RCA input jacks. You'll get the great sound you want, and keep these important features intact. The Bose amplified speakers and the ONSTAR system will operate with your new radio, as well as the door chime and audible safety warnings.

Read More
Also, once you turn off the ignition in these GM vehicles, the factory radio continues to play until you open the door. This interface maintains that function with your new aftermarket radio. This interface is compatible with select 2000-and up GMC, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Pontiac, Isuzu, and Hummer vehicles. Warranty: 1 year.

If I can be of any help please ask.
BM4275 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

gmos-01

i dont know what i need.one of the guys on the board said he used the one i have.i am confused.what kind of radio did you use?i have the avic-d3.using stock amp and the new kenwood powered sub box.i have sent you a pm.thanks.sonny
Old 03-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

View BM4275's Photo Gallery
Avic-d3

I installed an AVIC-Z2 and used the following equipment.

Metra GMOS-04 Class II data bus Interface
PAC SWI-PS Steering Control Interface
Pioneer ND-BC2 Rear Camera
Pioneer ND-BT1 Bluetooth Adapter
Pioneer CD-IB100 II I-Pod Adapter

The AVIC-D3 uses the same items. You need the GMOS-04 to interface with the Bose Amplifier and retain the chimes and RAP features. I installed the Kenwood Sub as well.
Mine works perfectly
BM4275 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

gmos-01

i am not using the back up camera.i have the right steering wheel adaptor and i-pod adaptordid you do the install or have it done?thanks.sonny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > SSR Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.