SSR Pit Crew
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clearwater, Fl
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
How to use Roof Tool/Pictures
ALL SSR's came with a Roof Tool!!
Not sure were they went or why anyone would want one but lot's of owners do not have a roof tool in their SSR.
1. Roof Tool is to latch/unlatch roof at header.
If you lose power or roof can not be closed, you can manually close roof and Roof Tool is used to Latch the roof.
2. No power and the roof is down, use Roof Tool to manually PULL release cables behind EACH seat.
One cable to Release, One cable to Lock Roof Cover. Cover open, can manually close roof.
See your Owners Manual.
3. Last, Roof Tool is used to release bed cover manually.
I will NOT post this procedure, PM me if you would like more information.
1. Using a dime, turn screw type cap located center of windshield header.
2. 1/2 turn and remove.
3. Locate female end of latch assembly. Matches Roof Tooling.
4. Insert tool into latch assembly. Has spring to hold drive. Push tool into assembly, DO NOT pound on the tool. You will break spring!
5. Latch or unlatch Roof Assembly.