Chevy SSR Forum banner

Radio

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DOOPHUS 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2005 slingshot yellow SSR.Do they come with a satellite ready radio and if so how do I find the radio id?

#4 · (Edited)
I picked up 3 Sirius Sat Radio adapters a while back, but never used 2 of them. Another one is installed in the SSR now, and works great. Broadcasts through an unused FM channel. I was planning to install the others in a couple of my other cars, but changed plans. The radio is portable, so all I needed to do was install the mounting kits in the other cars, and then move the radio as needed. Just snaps into the holder. Goes on automatically when the car starts up, and goes off with the key.

I'll let them go for $30 ea shipped, if you are interested.

#5 ·
The OEM Radio has the capability of adding a Sirius/XM tuner behind the actual unit with the antenna mounted under the dash near the windshield.

One of the first "mods" I had done to The Doophus way back when. Completely "out of sight" for security since I tend to leave the top down most of the time. Not only performs flawlessly including the Steering Wheel Buttons but the channel and music information displays in the little window.

Twelve years later . . . playing like a champ.

Good Luck.

#6 ·
xm radio

have installed xm in both of our R's. I believe the kit is called XM Direct and hooks directly into GM radio. Antenna can be mounted on windshield header panel either side. Wire can be fished up behind A post trim which is held on with Velcro. Antenna has magnetic base and sticks to outside header panel.

Good luck removing dash front, read all of the DIYs and leave the two upper airbags screws out when reinstalling for ease next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.