SSR Pit Crew
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clearwater, Fl
04 Silver/Race Stripes 4:10 gears tuned at 130mph lowered 2"
Shift Lock Control Actuator/Pictures
Okay, Ed Borland, Eds-Red-05, came over and we dove into the Switch problem.
Ed is excellent with electric schematics and traced the problem to the Shift Lock Control Actuator located in console which will not energize.
We bypassed the actuator and key solenoid worked fine. We tested the actuator outside the truck and it worked, sometimes.
Can't order JUST the actuator, have to order WHOLE shifter which includes the actuator. I searched the internet and can not come up with a part # for the actuator (see picture).
Best part, Shifter assemble is on BACKORDER from GM. Seems they are having a problem with Blazer, Envoy, Tahoe, SSR and a redesigning the Shift Module.
Maybe Greg Ducato knows where to get them.
Anyway the saga continues.
1. Minor removal to get to switch, seat, Windjammer, Waterfall, Console, Console frame. Bingo!! There it is!
2. Shift Lock Control Actuator and connection.
3. Bypassing Switch to prove solenoid bad. I also order transmission solenoid which send the signal to the Console Lock Switch. Might as well do it all.
4. This is Shift Lock Control Actuator
5. Switch apart and you can see solenoid pushed plastic assemble to press micro-switch.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.