User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Customization and Modifications

SsrFanatic.com is the premier Chevrolet SSR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
SSR AZ CREW
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Not the prettiest, nor the fastest but she's my bitchin SSR!
View nulogic1's Photo Gallery
Thumbs up Remote Start in AZ...

Well, today I had Dave at Unique on Main St in Mesa, install the "Panther" brand by Audiovox Remote start / Alarm system in my R'.
Dave used to come to your home. But now
has opened his own brick and morter shop.
He's located on Main in Mesa, AZ!
Took him about an hour and a half!
Now my R' responds to any external intrusion such as
breaking glass, hitting the body or opening
a door with a key then opening the door handle!
The remote start is nice in this AZ heat!
Having the R's cockpit all cooled down before
I enter is a blessing! The rear lid can also be popped
open via the FOB!
I didn't go with the remote top operation!
Dave is very knowledgable and professional!
I'm having my wife's car done next week.
She's a Realtor. And she is always getting into
her car's super heated interior!
Dave also installs car audio! Check him out!
We are blessed to have Dave avaliable to trick out
our rides! He will save you big buck$ too!
to you Dave, Mike
nulogic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #32 (permalink)

My SSR:
2006 FPR, Two Tone - Blue on Silver
View bbaileya's Photo Gallery
I would love to give Dave more business, but Arizona is a bit too far to drive for a security system with remote start. Does anyone know of someone in the Dallas Texas area that can do this sort of work?
bbaileya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Automatic-Pacific Blue 2006
View KiwiUSA's Photo Gallery
Remote

G'Day fella's.
Been "Unavailable" for awhile, health issues and such.
Got a hold of David and will be getting the setup at the end of this week or early next week, really looking forward to ease of access.

My back has given me grief, so I have somebody that works on Vetts and electrical setups to install the harness & setup the programing.

If this goes smoothly, David will be placed on a Pedestal, as this gives me the ability to continue driving comfortably.

cheers
KiwiUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

View ssralarmexpert's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaileya View Post
I would love to give Dave more business, but Arizona is a bit too far to drive for a security system with remote start. Does anyone know of someone in the Dallas Texas area that can do this sort of work?
Thanks to everyone for the opportunity to work on your ssr's all the comments are appreciated. I do have units available if you have a good installer in your area that would like to install the unit so I can send them pre programmed with bypass all harnesses are ready to install. I also have double din radios with Bluetooth and navigation or without navigation with all the proper wiring harnesses and adapters needed to install on your ssr. backup cameras are also available like previously shown on the forum. all alarm products come with lifetime warranty all stereo and camera systems come with one year manufacturer warranty. steering wheel controls will work with any aftermarket radio when purchaced. please call with any other questions you may have. I will ship to anywhere.

Thanks
Dave
Unique autosound and security solutions
3918 e main st #107
Mesa az 85205
602 748 8398

Last edited by ssralarmexpert; 07-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
ssralarmexpert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Working remote start/roof and security

Well, the Corvette fella backed out after he saw the setup, so I had to wait another week. Have new found respect for audio guy's!

Took it in to Music Mart, Richie White was as pleasant and smart as one could wish for; had everything installed in a flash. The only downside was a tiny issue, I 'm going to have to get used to using the fob, there is about a 20 second delay before action starts and it's a matter of getting used to, still wonder if it's going to work, suppose that feeling will go with time. The small fob was DOA and the LCD fob might be a wee bit big to drag around, although that's what newer vehicles use anyway.

Overall it was well worth the effort and I found a local audio guy that's invaluable as well; there are a lot of worthless types around this area and I was fortunate enough to find a good one, or two, if we include David.

Also getting used to the security setup. Which reminds me, Freeway Hond`ai Houston didn't bother checking if the horn worked or not. Wish I had Richie do it, however I took it in earlier not wanting to hassle with a half baked security system (no horn) and had the Vette fella check it out. The horn had been rigged with an after market horn on the passengers side, by the time he was done undoing the spliced open wiring BS, that was $125.00; basic things that were not checked before shipping cost me an additional total of $487.00 -Just saying!

Anyhow, highly recommend the auto start/roof and security setup.

Thanks, David.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

Good to here you found someone that knew how to do the install. if you could pop apart the small key fob and change the battery it could have been depressed during shipping and could have drained the battery. if it does not work after the battery is replaced then i will get another one out to you asap.
I havent had any doa remotes from them. when you remote start the car wait until the remote start responds back with the exhaust coming out of the car on the the remote and then press the button for the top down.

if you have any questions please feel free to call anytime!

Thanks
dave
unique auto sound and security
mesa az

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiUSA View Post
Well, the Corvette fella backed out after he saw the setup, so I had to wait another week. Have new found respect for audio guy's!

Took it in to Music Mart, Richie White was as pleasant and smart as one could wish for; had everything installed in a flash. The only downside was a tiny issue, I 'm going to have to get used to using the fob, there is about a 20 second delay before action starts and it's a matter of getting used to, still wonder if it's going to work, suppose that feeling will go with time. The small fob was DOA and the LCD fob might be a wee bit big to drag around, although that's what newer vehicles use anyway.

Overall it was well worth the effort and I found a local audio guy that's invaluable as well; there are a lot of worthless types around this area and I was fortunate enough to find a good one, or two, if we include David.

Also getting used to the security setup. Which reminds me, Freeway Hond`ai Houston didn't bother checking if the horn worked or not. Wish I had Richie do it, however I took it in earlier not wanting to hassle with a half baked security system (no horn) and had the Vette fella check it out. The horn had been rigged with an after market horn on the passengers side, by the time he was done undoing the spliced open wiring BS, that was $125.00; basic things that were not checked before shipping cost me an additional total of $487.00 -Just saying!

Anyhow, highly recommend the auto start/roof and security setup.

Thanks, David.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssralarmexpert View Post
...If you could pop apart the small key fob and change the battery it could have been depressed during shipping and could have drained the battery. if it does not work after the battery is replaced then i will get another one out to you asap.
I havent had any doa remotes from them. when you remote start the car wait until the remote start responds back with the exhaust coming out of the car on the the remote and then press the button for the top down.

if you have any questions please feel free to call anytime!

Thanks
dave
unique auto sound and security
mesa az
No problem at all, really minor issue and of little consequence. I found two different ways to configure start up, the original was a bit slow; so I did what hardly anybody does and read the manual and got it configured for Lock+* and double tap the * after the remote starts the truck; with that it's as fast as I could want.

Love the feature and it was hard to go anywhere without somebody commenting on baby blue and now they stand awed and pointing when the truck seems to start AND take the top down...LOl For me it's a back saver.

Very pleased, indeed.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

View mjb8071's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssralarmexpert View Post
Hi everyone,

i was going to make the trip to laughlin if anyone would like there ssr done over the weekend. please let me know so i bring enough of the alarms.

thanks
dave galloway
I live in Seattle and would like have the auto top down and alarm done. My question is can you tell me what manufacture puts out the harness for this operation? And is there a guide for install?
Thank You

Last edited by mjb8071; 08-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.
mjb8071 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #39 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

I actually prewire all components needed to get all functions to work. The wires are extended to length to make the connections to the car wire locations. there are 13 connections that need to be done to your ssr. Most of the functions are done threw data including door lock and unlock,oem arm and disarm,door status,trunk and hood status,data immobilizer,tach output and rap shutdown. that means many less connections to have the unit work.

I download the data language into the bypass mod via computer and pre program the alarm and remote start for its operation on the ssr.

i have full detailed instructions and pictures of the wire hook up locations that can be sent via email.

if you have a qualified installer in your area or if you have some knowledge of how to dissemble the required areas to get the wires hooked up it could be done yourself. Im always available for tech questions during install.

thanks
dave
unique autosound and security solutions
mesa az
602 748 8398

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb8071 View Post
I live in Seattle and would like have the auto top down and alarm done. My question is can you tell me what manufacture puts out the harness for this operation? And is there a guide for install?
Thank You
Old 08-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Timing

I had a local Audio fella install, takes 3 hours if it's a first time. I'm not sure I would tackle this without some know-how. The book provided explains the fob setup; just be careful not to stick it in Valet mod.

David does send the pics to get it done, along with the book.

Cheers
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

laughlin run 2014

Hi to everyone,

I will be attending the 2014 laughlin run and have secured a install bay at the dealer on saturday. I will be available to do installs for alarm and remote start with remote start up and down, bluetooth kits (direct fit no splicing),radio installs for single din or double din with or without navigation. The interfaces used will maintain steering wheel controls.(if radio is equipped).

Please call me for any questions or concerns. I need to book you a appointment for that day. limited appointments are available due to time restraints.

All installs are lifetime warranty and i am authorized for all products sold so full warranty will be on all products. Tech support is available for everyone.

Thanks
Dave Galloway
Unique Autosound and Security Solutions
3918 e main st #107
mesa az 85205
602-748-8398
uniqueautosoundinc@yahoo.com

P.s. I could set up another day if needed depending on appointment demand
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #42 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

Im booked up for laughlin on sat. wanted to see if there's anyone else that wants anything done im willing to do several days for install just need to arrange my trip to get everyone done that would like work.

Thanks
Dave
mesa az
602 748 8398
Old 11-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Now one of the Blues Boys
Supporting Member

My SSR:
06 Pacfic Blue SSR
View Joe06SSR's Photo Gallery
Just a Thanks to Dave , he installed alarm with remote start and remote top up and down , then a new Head unit with all the apps for my cell phone and DVD , great job !! see ya in a few weeks again for more work.
Joe06SSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2003 red with ghost flames
View GR8TYM's Photo Gallery
We had Dave install the new Pioneer nav/Bluetooth backup cam and remote start. So nice to have a true professional do such a meticulous job. I just couldn't wait until Laughlan! I don't think any of you will be sorry if you have him work on your SSR
Old 03-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

View ralphsineath's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTown Truck View Post
I spoke with Arizonason (Steve Salter) and he gave me the installers name and number he was very happy with his work. I spoke to Dave and asked him if there was enough interst would he be willing to come to our Laughlin meet and do installs there. He said if he could get 5 or 6 it would be worth his time to make the trip. He can do 8 or so in the two days. Cost is $575 or if you would like he has a additional alarm system that works with the top down anyone putting there hands in interrior would set it off is addition $80
please post here or PM Arizonason let him know if you are interested,
please tell me how to get dave ....
ralphsineath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
05' SSR - Auto - Slingshot - All Original 2,500 miles - #16,392 - Yellow Boards - Exterior Chrome
View pmattscheck's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphsineath View Post
please tell me how to get dave ....

Here is a post Dave made on 09/2013

I will be attending the 2014 laughlin run and have secured a install bay at the dealer on saturday. I will be available to do installs for alarm and remote start with remote start up and down, bluetooth kits (direct fit no splicing),radio installs for single din or double din with or without navigation. The interfaces used will maintain steering wheel controls.(if radio is equipped).

Please call me for any questions or concerns. I need to book you a appointment for that day. limited appointments are available due to time restraints.

All installs are lifetime warranty and i am authorized for all products sold so full warranty will be on all products. Tech support is available for everyone.

Thanks
Dave Galloway
3918 e main st #107
mesa az 85205
602-748-8398
uniqueautosoundinc@yahoo.com

P.s. I could set up another day if needed depending on appointment demand

05' SSR - Auto - Slingshot - All Orig 4,800 miles - #16,392 - Yellow Boards - Ext Chrome - Flamed Engine Cover - Caliper Covers - K&N CAI - TB Brace - Stiff Plate - Rad Support - Hitch

pmattscheck is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > Customization and Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.