Chevy SSR Forum banner

Throttle Body

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  ZZR 
#1 · (Edited)
At the Saint Augustine rally everyone's engine bays were looking so good I decided to keep working on mine. I still have a long way to go to catch up. One piece at a time. About two weeks ago I pulled out the throttle body and started on it. I started off with a file smoothing out the casting lines and the part number. Then 120 sand paper, then 360, 600, 800 then on to the polishing. It's so small and hard to get to most of it I did with a Dremel tool. Finished it this morning and put it back in.
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Motor vehicle
Light Auto part Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

See less See more
#8 ·
At the Saint Augustine rally everyone's engine bays were looking so good I decided to keep working on mine. I still have a long way to go to catch up. One piece at a time. About two weeks ago I pulled out the throttle body and started on it. I started off with a file smoothing out the casting lines and the part number. Then 120 sand paper, then 360, 600, 800 then on to the polishing. It's so small and hard to get to most of it I did with a Dremel tool. Finished it this morning and put it back in.
View attachment 184297 View attachment 184305

Love the clean look, just curiuos, how many hours did it take you?

#9 ·
View attachment 184297 View attachment 184305

Labor of love there...

#10 ·
I stopped keeping track after the first few days. My guess would be 12 to 15 hours. When I polished the supercharger on my lightning 10 years ago I kept track of my hours every day on a calendar. I was amazed by the time I was finished I was at 240 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.