Chevy SSR Forum banner

Cruise control not working

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  xoxoxoBruce 
#1 ·
Hi All
Had my SSR out for first time this year on Sunday for a 250 mile run. Only noticed the cruise control would not engage, may have been issue for a while, generally don't use cruise control much.

Any suggestion on what to check first ?

Richard
Ireland SSR:smile2:

#13 ·
I did some checks today
Pedal switch seems ok, did not check with multimeter, as breaklight are working fine.
The flasher unit I have may have been changed some time back as the lights were modified to by road legal here in Europe, i.e. Amber rear lights (leds) turn signal along with separate parking lights and stop lights.

See attached picture of flashed unit located under steering column.

Any advice appreciated

Richard

Attachments

#14 ·
Haven't seen that GM unit, but labeled for trailering I suspect it's to take the additional load of trailer lights. When replacing bulbs with LEDs there is less load which that unit may not be designed for. The Tridon Novita LM-486 is available at all the autoparts chains here, but may not be over there since it was specifically for the SSR. It is available on fleabay however, and probably can be ordered by your local parts supplier.

I can't guarantee this will solve your problem but I suspect it will. In any case it can't hurt to have the right one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.