Chevy SSR Forum - View Single Post - Big Boy locomotive and the 150th Golden Spike anniversary
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 07:28 PM
ROPE
SSR Pit Crew
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
'06 FPR #23615 ______ DOB 02.28.06
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Rope,
If you can get any preliminary information about what might be in the works for this event, train wise, that could be very helpful. Considering the number of railfans that were chasing the Big Boy out of So Cal when it left for Cheyenne, I am sure this will be a very large event and the planning on our part might need to take place early on. Date of the actual event and how much is really planned would be helpful. I am interested from both the rail and SSR point pof view.

Dwight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepchild View Post
Yes thanks to both of you guys, so far there are no set plans from what I see but I will certainly keep on top of it and post on this thread when I find info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnys05ssr View Post
OH BOY,BIG BOY, What a great get together for this great event next year. The weather would probably be good In OGDEN In may. This could be a great get together with other Fanatics from all over. Being a model railroader all my life I would be thrilled to be there. Hopefully we will get more Information from ROPE. Cheers
Went to the railroad museum in Ogden today and at this point the only information they are aware of is the following website:

https://spike150.org/

Rope

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome