Chevy SSR Forum banner

Roof problems

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dicktator 
#1 ·
I posted about this problem a few weeks ago but had no responses. Maybe I didn’t post it correctly? I hadn’t put the roof down on my SSR for a month or so, when I tried to put it down you could hear the motor running but the roof would not move. On my dashboard it said roof cycle timed out. Anybody know what my problem could be? Thanks for the help

#2 ·
Hi Susan,

I’ll walk you through a couple troubleshooting steps, without jumping to conclusions...... be patient, we’ll get it.

When you hear the motor run, does it run long enough to unlock the lid on the roof storage compartment (also known as the tonneau cover)???? The unlocking of the tonneau cover is the first step in the process after the windows are down and is clearly heard as two “snaps” that come, one form each side, as the hydraulic actuators unlatch.

Regards,

Mike

#4 ·
I had the same thing happen yesterday. I have already gone through the seal leaking, and repairs completed, so I thought I was done for a while. I tried to open the tonneau but only one side was unlocked, the pass. side. Then I tried to pull the cables behind the seat, but they didn't work either. They felt like they were disconnected. So, I don't know what to do. That tonneau needs to open to find the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.