Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSR Performance

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  xoxoxoBruce 
#1 ·
My 2005 SSR was running fine when I parked it a few months ago. I got back in the truck and I hit the gas and it goes no where. It takes off so slow!!! Any Suggestions?

#5 ·
Indeed WTF!
He's obviously posting it in as many places as he can because he's hoping to hit the right place to get an answer. Don't forget how difficult it is coming to a new site and trying to figure out how it works, without the help of some people who've been here long enough to understand it. He's also coping with the non-paying members inundation of ads.

Demond, if you click on the "User CP" at the top, then over on the left under "Your Profile" click "Edit Your Details", you can fill in the info that appears in the left column under your name when you post. That way people can help knowing where you are and what you're driving.

You will be asked the exact problem and the symptoms, what the dash is showing, what kind of gas, etc, etc, so anything you post up front shortens the process. Good luck.:thumbs

#6 · (Edited)
Lynch mob

Indeed WTF!
He's obviously posting it in as many places as he can because he's hoping to hit the right place to get an answer. Don't forget how difficult it is coming to a new site and trying to figure out how it works, without the help of some people who've been here long enough to understand it. He's also coping with the non-paying members inundation of ads.

Demond, if you click on the "User CP" at the top, then over on the left under "Your Profile" click "Edit Your Details", you can fill in the info that appears in the left column under your name when you post. That way people can help knowing where you are and what you're driving.

You will be asked the exact problem and the symptoms, what the dash is showing, what kind of gas, etc, etc, so anything you post up front shortens the process. Good luck.:thumbs
Well alrighty then perhaps you're right! BUT this guy posts 3 times once at 11:11 once at 11:12 and again at 11: 13 Exactly the same post under 3 different subjects ONE RIGHT AFTER ANOTHER

What the hell would you think in the middle of the night? Unfortunately I'm human and subject to mistakes unlike some of you who are perfect and ALWAYS do the right thing. I did what I thought was correct and if I offended DEMOND BELL I apologize.
Anyone One else on the forum who was outraged by my post can kiss my Azz >:)

#4 ·
Sometimes when there is an electrical problem it goes into what is called "LIMP MODE" so you can get it home but has no power. I would start with that. Battery, ignition switch, fuse box wire, grounds etc. Some others may chime in here. Good luck.

If you filled out your profile and location there may be someone close by that could stop by and help you out.

#10 ·
That's true Butch, I know I'm more inclined to go further out of my way to help if they do the introduction first.
That said, when new people arrive that's just one of the many things they don't know, another is how to.
They often arrive in a panic and spending a couple evenings reading the site trying to figure everything out is a choice far down their list.
It's exasperating when somebody blows in with a problem, you give them a couple things to try, and never hear from them again... unless they have another problem.
On the other hand I don't want to act like the dlckheads I've run into on a lot of other car/bike forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.