Chevy SSR Forum banner

WTB 2004 Purple or maybe Red

4K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  hondaconvert 
#1 · (Edited)

must have running boards and chrome wheels, under 30K miles, clean carfax the more options the better

Im in IL / 60515 (200 mile radius), easy local transaction preferred

Drove one yesterday, I'm in love!

#4 · (Edited)
Chrome wheels were not available until about April 1 2004 so a lot of the 1300 :purple: SSR's do not have them - a bit of a rarity
The last :purple: SSR was VIN 13795 so you need to be looking somewhere between VIIN 8795 and 13795 to get OEM chromes -
Just one of the many things I am working on trying to figure out about with our SSR's but there may not be many UV's w/OEM Chromes
If you need an answer, I can probably figure it out, but it would take time

#12 ·
I agree - chrome are a must on the SSR or there are some nice aftermarket wheels, but not much better than the OEM chromes IMO
Of course, you could always talk to Doophus!

Maybe he would get silly and sell his chromies

Don't do it, Curt!

Hugs, Dalle

#7 ·

must have running boards and chrome wheels, under 30K miles, clean carfax the more options the better

Im in IL, easy local transaction preferred
Illinois ... 55,584 Square Miles !!! What is local ??? Also what's your Price Range ??? Initially there was 5 times as many Redline Red ones (6,676) as there were Ultra Violet ones (1,300). Those figures are for all 4 years, not just 2004.

#14 ·
WELCOME, GEO8 . . . from Southern Arizona.

Don't be too limited on your "search range" . . . the trip home could very well be an extremely memorable "getting acquainted" experience.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

#16 ·
GEO8, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, when you get one.Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

#24 ·
so CASH....

by year, how many of what colours were made?
You can get a pretty good idea from Marc NY thread, I think is called SSR Production Numbers but GM did not exactly get that correct
I spoke with Bob Walczyk about that and I don't totally understand this but have a general sense of it
GM builds vehicles in "lots" so sometimes you get half a vehicle in one lot, the other half in the next lot
The Production thread states there were 325 MY2006 Silver, where in fact there were 326 (from BYERS Last of thread & confirmed by me)

If you go through Marc's thread year by year you will get a pretty close compilation
MY2003 - B,R,Y only, and as usual I have to say but or except, the 28 UV's - 25 Signature Series, #50 for Rick Wagoner, #26 Pace truck - and it is 6:45 am here and can't think of the 28th
MY2004 - the UV's and Ricochet Silvers were added (1300 tola UV's were built, including all of the above)
MY2005 - the UV was discontinued and the Aqua Blur was added (total AB's including MY2006 1491
MY2006, those numbers can be found in Marc's thread and other than being one short on the Silver they are accurate.
It took me 10 years of trying to reconcile the total number of SSR's built (24180 according to GM including EX VINs)
I finally figured out GM never built #19000, no idea why that was missed but that drove me nuts for a lot of years
The only reason I could see is the 50 Daytona 500's commenced @ #19101, should have started @ #19000 ending at #19150 rather than #19151
The 433 TuTones were added in MY2006 - again - Marc's thread - and these numbers are accurate
B/S - 238
S/B - 134
PB/S - 32
PB/B - 9
AB/S - 8
S/PB - 7
S/AB - 5

Reactions: GEO8
#23 ·
Hey Geo. Welcome from NE Kansas. I have always found that the most fun in buying a vehicle is the search. Then the real fun begins with the drive!! Top up or down these trucks are a real kick.

Just keep looking but don't limit the search. Have fun and don't be in a hurry. I once looked for 5 years to find the "just right" 02 Firehawk convertible, but I found it! Found my 14,000 mile UV at Thomas Classics in Ohio.

Lots of really great folks on this site. Always someone to lend a hand when needed. Enjoy the search.

Agcat
John

#26 ·
Jeez, this thread is going all over the place

GE08 I received your PM, but it is so hard to explain in regards to numbers built
There were EX VINs built in MY2003/04/05 that have all been destroyed
It took me 10 years to figure all this stuff out - please go to Marc NY SSR Production Numbers and you will be close to finding your answer
I have a thread about all the SSR's that have been destroyed (although I have done all I can but not sure if I am close to having them all as I started in 2009 I think - dug back as much as I could)

This thread is going to go away, so if I need to figure all this stuff out, it needs to be done in a separate thread for the benefit of all

#28 · (Edited)
Hey Voodoo
Where did you get that number?
Maybe there were only 200 UV's built with chromies (I would need to research that) but chrome wheels started April 1 2004, but there were 1300 UV's
You may be correct though in terms of UV's with chrome wheels

#30 ·
That red one in Milwaukee looks like a good fit for you if you like it and it is right in your back yard. Might check it out. Low miles and pretty. One owner and give-a-way pricing.

#36 ·
Horse Shoes and Hand Grenades... Close is good enough. People asking will be happy with your info, just make sure it's "Close" and they have no way to argue the point. Give 'em good 411 and they'll be.... Happy ! Keeping records on vehicles is Worse than Balancing a Check Book. There are VINs out there that haven't been Cashed yet. Yes...
pun intended....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.