Chevy SSR Forum - View Single Post - First drive since X-Brace install
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:14 PM
tinyssnowplows
Two Tone Owner
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
03 Slingshot, #2119, born 11/26/03, died 12/31/18. Replaced 2/21/2019 with 2004 custom red & white
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFATGUY View Post
Well, Some of you remember that I fabricated a heavy X brace and a heavy rear frame brace a few months back. Then got sidetracked. Well......I finally got the new chrome wheels and RSA tires on, got the sill plates on, front plate mounted, (hideaway) Mikes corvette radiator installed, and battery charged. So I finally drove it last weekend. Wow!!!! what a huge difference the heavy Xbrace and heavy rear crossmember made. No creaks or groans now. Even seems like it handles better. And the new tires with road force balance, smooth and quiet. I have an idea now to make the crossbrace even better, but finding the time and energy will be the hard part. D
I agree, when I had my R at the Rgang garage having some work done, they replaced my stock front X brace with a heavy duty one made from 1” square tubing. They also added another rear crossmember. 2 stock ones.
I also have new tires and balance.
When I left there I couldn’t believe the difference. Much stiffer and firmer ride. Better cornering and handling.
Thank you Rgang. Walter

Walter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome