Chevy SSR Forum banner

Carlisle Spring Car Event

739 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Firetruck 
#1 ·
Hey Kids,
Liz and I are headed to Carlisle PA tomorrow morning to "shop" for the SSR gems in the HUGE flea market. We have not attended in about 15 years so we don't know what to expect now a days. I need a bag full of consumable supplies for the garage so its a good reason to go. I'm hoping to find something SSR. I was wondering if any other SSRfanatics will be there to possibly meet up while there on Friday.

#2 ·
Tomorrow's weather looks particularly nasty with 100% chance of rain and could include strong thunderstorms. Doesn't clear up until later in the day. That said, it frequently rains during Spring Carlisle and also during the Hershey event.

So, for that reason, I doubt if I am going tomorrow...maybe Saturday.

Private parking is available around the fairgrounds and it can be had for $5, you just have to look.

SSR stuff is really hard to find. I live here and go to many of the events i.e., Spring Carlisle, Corvettes at Carlisle, Truck Nationals, etc.

Tim

#3 ·
Thanks Tim,
Were just down the road so we're committed to attending! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the storm holds out for us. I've been there before when the mud was Horrible. IF its raining hard when I wake, I'll pee and go back to sleep. We are hoping we don't have to hang out for Saturday. There probably are no hotel rooms available. Not really liking the one we're in tonight.
Oh well, wanted an excuse to drive our Caddy anyway.
Blur'd Vision
Oh and we're on the lookout for DeLorean parts too for our son.

#5 ·
Now that we're home I can finish this thread. We attended the event. We bought some SSR items, 1 Maisto toy 1/18th scale in black so I can tear it apart and paint it Blur. The SSR 175 page book and some dealer handouts. We also bought some DMC items for our son. Plus I scored loads of consumables for welding and grinding. Then the sky opened up and it rained buckets with severe winds. Vendors closed up so we headed out of town. Hit a flea market in route today too. Had fun but our feet were TIRED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.