Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSR Parts Exchange

295K views 2K replies 484 participants last post by  davgoat 
#1 · (Edited)
I started the Parts Exchange about 6 years ago in an effort to help members locate, buy, sell and trade parts at a reasonable cost. It has worked fairly well, but it will work better for all if you follow these guidelines:

If you have a part or parts to donate, post it in the PE thread. You do not need to send me your parts, the shipping costs are unnecessarily added to the next transaction. Also, I do not have the time to locate and ship every request. I host this as a non-profit service to members, I have a construction company that takes up most of my time. As always, if you're local, you can drop off parts to donate at my office.

If you have parts to sell or swap, or want to purchase, post them in the PE.

Get in the habit of checking into the PE thread often (like you would the 10,000 posts thread). You may have something a member needs, or there may be something you want or need.

Thanks Fanatics!

Updated February 15, 2015

#3 · (Edited)
I have the original 2004 air filter housing assembly from Blueeyes' R if someone needs one.

Also have the stone guards from the rear fenders, factory Aqua Blur from my 2005 that I won't be using.

Free to good homes!

Air filter housing gone!

Fender stone guards gone!

:blur::purple:

#16 ·
Yes you do Jeff.

Jeff helped me make a great deal on a set of tires and wheels at a great price....

I picked them up, took them to Freeway Chevrolet and the front tires were mounted on BlueStreak's SSR the same day. He installed his spare tire kit at Mikey's house on the first leg of his retirement tour of the USA and discovered that his front tires were done.....

Thanks again Jeff! That's what this thread is all about.

#19 ·
Yes you do Jeff.

Jeff helped me make a great deal on a set of tires and wheels at a great price....

I picked them up, took them to Freeway Chevrolet and the front tires were mounted on BlueStreak's SSR the same day. He installed his spare tire kit at Mikey's house on the first leg of his retirement tour of the USA and discovered that his front tires were done.....

Thanks again Jeff! That's what this thread is all about.
By the way, that set of wheels was a near perfect set of satin OEM wheels (from memory).....I'm not sure if there is any damage, as they are still in Mikey's back yard. PM me if you need one or more OEM satin wheels, or PM Mikey regarding their condition.

#8 ·
Thats a very nice gesture Doug. I have a rear Bumper Facia that may or may not be repairable. So I will let you know.

I have been locating the Original SSR Windshields, with the SSR LOGO stamped in them from the Manufacturer. I will know by next Tuesday if I have for sure located them.
I'm told that there are only 30 left in existence. When I confirm that I have found them, I will post all the Information on how to purchase them. It would be nice if we could purchase all of these Windshields for the Future needs of our Members. There will be no more Made unless they get an order of at least 500 or more.

#11 ·
Recently there was a thread about some one in michigan who had 4 hoods and 8 fenders and 8 doors , the last thing i saw was they were haggeling about $3500.00 . Does anyone know what happened to them as i would love to buy them, and if people need them i would have them on the west coast . The only problem would be getting them to Bellingham washington without the freight killing the deal
anyone know anything ????
Thanks
Chris

Recently, I have become a clearing house for donated parts. I have a barn at my office that I have most of the parts housed in.....several members have brought by and / or shipped parts to me that they did not need any longer and wished to donate them to the members that may have a need for them, but can't find and / or afford them.

What I'm saying is, most of these parts are used by others. If you have spare parts that you would wish to donate to others that need them, either PM me or post on this thread, and I'll try to get them to those that do need them. I have the ability to store them indefinitely, or you can ship directly to the members. ANY PARTS THAT ARE DONATED WILL BE FORWARDED TO THOSE FANATICS THAT NEED THEM AT NO COST, OTHER THAN ACTUAL SHIPPING COSTS. You have my word on this.

The most recent exchange of parts is a donation of a complete set of OEM tires by DANDYSSR when he had a new set of tires installed - he called me and asked if somebody could use them, and I said sure, drop them off.

Another member called me a few days ago and asked if I knew where he could get a set of front tires with a few miles left on them for the season, and I said "as a matter of fact, I do". he'll pick them op from our office in a week or two....

Bottom line, if you want to help others out and don't need any or much $$$ for your parts, post them here. I'm all about helping others, as I'm sure you all are when you have the ability to do so.

If you need parts, also post here - we'll do what we can to help.

I will add the caveat that if a transaction ever occurs that comes up for resale, I WILL NOT EVER deal with that individual again and will post that transaction publicly. Enough said.

Thanks Fanatics!

#13 ·
Doug Allen and all you other SSR Fanatics are outstanding !

Many of you recognize that some of us got caught up in this bad economy with (in my case) $600.00 a month payments on this classic hotrod. Like others we have done everything to avoid driving it back to the dealership. Almost out of the woods now and many times in the past we couldn't afford to drive it. So this is a real blessing.
In our case, we later (after the purchase) learned this truck was built on our 24th wedding aniversary. So we will do allot to repair if it gets hit.

Sure is nice to know that fellow Fanatics will help in times of true need.

I just can't believe how nice you all are!

#20 ·
Ok Doug

I'm looking for a hitch. I think they are way over priced and not legal in the U.S. per the D.O.T. So if I find one cheap with all keys I'll buy it. Everything I've read and know about trailering is that your emergency trailer chains have to be attached to the main body of the hitch not the tongue, thus the reason for me being cheap to buy one. If I acquire one I will have different e-chains tie downs welded to the main body of the hitch were the law requires them to be....:)

#22 ·
I think they are way over priced and not legal in the U.S. per the D.O.T. Everything I've read and know about trailering is that your emergency trailer chains have to be attached to the main body of the hitch not the tongue, thus the reason for me being cheap to buy one. If I acquire one I will have different e-chains tie downs welded to the main body of the hitch were the law requires them to be....:)
Interesting...I wonder how GM was able to sell a vehicle that did not meet DOT requirements :flag

#23 ·
Doug,

Those wheels are in fair shape with a few scratches on them. Center caps are there too. They have a set of serviceable tires mounted on them. The rears came off of BlueStreak's and have a little (5,000-8,000 miles) tread left. The fronts came off my truck and have about 15,000 miles of tread left.

There is also a serviceable front tire (unmounted) that has some wear on the inner rib, but not really bad. It was the good front tire that came off BlueStreak's truck.

I'll be transferring this stock to your barn when I get home from Washington in a week.

Regards buddy.

#37 ·
Recently, I have become a clearing house for donated parts. I have a barn at my office that I have most of the parts housed in.....several members have brought by and / or shipped parts to me that they did not need any longer and wished to donate them to the members that may have a need for them, but can't find and / or afford them.

Hi Doug!

Will you be posting a weekly list of items available? Or, should we just post a list in this thread of items we need/want. I have a whole list of things I want, but definitely can't afford to buy them all at once.

Like everyone, I'd like to get something for free, but my guts would be turning over if I pretended I was destitute, just to take advantage of the situation in order to get something for free.

How will you decide if someone is being honest about not being able to afford something or just trying to get something for free? There will also be individuals who aren't really in need of something, but just want a spare if they can get it for free. Also, if you have a number of requests for the same item, how will you decide who gets it?

I hate to be so pessimistic, but, there are just too many low-life's out there that will try to take advantage of the situation.

You are trying to do a great thing here, but, I can see a lot of headaches for you and complaining from some of the fanatics.

I wish you the best.

Frank

#43 ·
Please put me on your list of windshield recipients.:)

If Sandy wants one, we might be able to arrange shipping for two of them to the border through my broker, and I can get it to her.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.