Chevy SSR Forum - View Single Post - Who Has Pewter Ssr Display?
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Marc NY
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
SSR 04 PEDIGREE SSR Photo History w/ 1st Aux. Gauge Package released for Production. #9684
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Marc NY
SSR Pewter Displays

An email I received from Bob yesterday.

Good Morning Marc.

I thought I had a list, but the list I have is for the concept posters.

We made this not for an award, but as recognition and to commemorate the launch of the SSR for those who worked on it. In the past, Saturn had done this for many of their milestones, and we had a few Saturn folks on our team. So we took the idea, and ran with the two (top up/top down) models and developed he set. I think they turned out pretty good.

In general, the 500 went to the SSR team, and LCC employees. The Signature series vehicles received their respective number, and each of the signatories also received one with the same last two digits (112, 212, etc..)

We also provided our National Dealer Council at the time with one as a gift in their rooms, during a meeting. (not sure how many that was now)

As you know, we also provided one as a thank you to the SSR fanatics that attended the homecoming event.

I sold several with the Signature Series at auction, in fact received $1,500 for one in Arizona.

The remainders were given here and there to customers, etc..

I can assure you that their were only 500 made.

If I come across my original file (P.O., etc.) I'll let you know. I think I already I ILMed it however.

I do recall talking to Jim (ssrtruck). If I recall, he manages an auto parts store of some sorts in New Jersey. I talked to him, as he called Ed Peper (then Chevy GM) and asked for a catalog, since he did not get one. He was responding to a letter I crafted for Ed's signature that went with the final SSR's produced. I believe Jim bought the last Black one, I think. Anyway, I included a catalog and some other stuff in the package, and he was looking for one for one of his many others. The VME was a hoot. He left a message indicating he owned 5 SSR's, and if I recall, Ed did not believe it.

Bob Walczyk
Chevrolet Portfolio Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome