Chevy SSR Forum - View Single Post - Who Has Pewter Ssr Display?
View Single Post
post #66 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:03 AM
HotRodGirl
Boop Op A Doop
Lifetime Supporting Member

My SSR:
2004 Redline Red SSR "HTRDGRL" Born On 8/19/2004 SSR Theme Song Chevrolet by Foghat
Send a message via MSN to HotRodGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
Sorry guys. I just checked back on this thread and saw the discussion about RealProwlerFan. This is why I would like to talk to the guy.
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/1102-post3.html

Above is the original post showing avatar info but below is a copy of the content. Either Umpire 13 or PaceGuy has since determined that #309 is alive and well somewhere, CA I believe. It doesn't seem like this guy was BS'ing but as he is no longer an active member, I have no way of accessing all of his old posts, other than stumbling across them like this one I found. I'd love to know who his source @ LCC was if this is in fact a true story.

Quote from old post of his:
In July when I tured the assembly plant, I was in vin#309. Truck had 2300 miles and these were still the "mules". Previous vins were to be crushed as weren't saleable cars. Bodies have been brought to crusher with security personal to supervise to make sure that they don't end up in a garage with a different drivetrain. The test driver hated to discuss the crushing, but says yes, this one will be crushed and that was #309 in July. Going to drive by plant today and hope to see trucks on Leaseway Car Haulers!

#309 was one of the original 68 WD-1 Pilots that definitely could have been referred to as a "mule".

In a recent conversation with an ASC higher up.....I was also told the same thing. Many early models went to the crusher

]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome