post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

October 2018 ROTM Vote

Here are your contestants this month!

Pat LeBlanc

Quote:
OK, let's try this again!

2004 Slingshot yellow. 44,000 original miles. Purchased in February 2018. Daily driver. With the expert help of Jack (in Mississippi) and Mike (in Arizona), replaced the pneumatic & hydraulic roof cylinders, the roof hinge bushings and the shift cable bushing. Also installed the ABS heat shield and roof compartment soundproofing (wind noise fix), fixed the driver door click and replaced the bed cover pneumatic cylinders. Installed custom vinyl side stripes with SSR logo from SignsDotCom, replaced the bow tie on the tailgate with a vinyl graphic CHEVROLET, installed large vinyl bow tie on bed cover and domed hood inserts.

Just did the darbysan/Jerry thermistor hack to run the A/C colder!

They call me mellow yellow :
Studmuffin

October 2018 ROTM Entries-screenshot_20180808-131639_1538834391678.png

Quote:
2004 Ultra Violet SSR. January 22, 2004.
My truck is finally home from the shop,
and I can't stop driving! It's too fun!
I bought the truck with just over 21,500 miles at the end of June, and we just rolled over 22,500.
From my ownership, I've added no new mods as of yet, to my knowledge, my truck is completely stock.
I just learned a few days ago that I have a post production OEM '03-'04 gauge cluster that was added because it wasn't an option in January of 2004.
This truck has every option that was available when it was built, save for one... The front license plate bracket, and I intend to leave everything on it that came on it.
We have a new breath of life and there's no turning back now!
SSRGEEZER

Quote:
Carl Ham Estero, Florida. 2005 Aqua Blur Metallic Color (only 1,288 of this color for 2005). Owned for 3 years with 30,000 miles on the clock. Too many modifications to list, most thanks to Simple Engineering and Dicktator's fantastic job of documenting all I ever needed to know.
Attended the Daytona Rally in April and had a great time. Hoping someone will do the same in 2019. Great cars great people!!!
Jersey red

Quote:
Hi Everyone !
Ive owned my 05 for 3 years now, and have done a ton of upgrades most you will never see . Like all of you, I absolutely loved the look of the stock SSR body and have opted to do stock chrome upgrade and some subtle add ons only yall would notice . So Im officially putting Jersey Red in the running . Thanks for voting, Dave

PS . Look at my daughters Permagrin !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:27 PM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Looks like a good race for the best of FOUR Colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Therapy is Expensive Wind is Cheap
One of the Blues Brothers
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 05:16 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
This ROTM Is set up to show off different pictures of the SSR and a write up of the SSR that has been done to It. Showing pictures of people sitting In the cab, or anyone, In my opinion takes away what this site has been set up to highlight the vehicle that what a person has done to the SSR. The administrator has set up the rules for showing and entering their vehicle. That Is what needs to be done.
shakatak and Guzzi Guy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:00 PM
My First Permagrin !

My SSR:
05 #18193 chrome wheels ,carpet kit , boards , gauge pack , sc tuner and a ton of mikes stuff
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnys05ssr View Post
This ROTM Is set up to show off different pictures of the SSR and a write up of the SSR that has been done to It. Showing pictures of people sitting In the cab, or anyone, In my opinion takes away what this site has been set up to highlight the vehicle that what a person has done to the SSR. The administrator has set up the rules for showing and entering their vehicle. That Is what needs to be done.
sorry Donny i didnt know there where Rules about people pics .
i can change my pics, i have plenty of others pics. Dave
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 AM
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 red, custom wheels, custom flame paint, flowmaster exhaust
Garage
I think the forum is what you make it. If you want people in your pics....put people in your pics. I personally think the SSR is the tie that binds the people together. Just one man's opinion.

Jarod and Lori
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
#23198 06Blue 3SS #375/532-BOD 12/21/05, got it 9/5/06 & #21474 #29/532-BOD 8/24/05, got it 12/1/15
Garage
Quote:
The following is a quote from the thread requesting submissions and does not mention anything about people in the pictures If you want the rules changed, now is not the time to discuss it. Maybe bring it up again during the next nominating period

Quote:
5 photos; no more, no less. NO collages. Modifications list if you prefer*Pictures must be of current state of car... only exception is winter tires. Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included. If your wheels/retros/suspension/etc. are currently for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list. Cars that are currently for sale may not be submitted. No "Future Modifications" either*

Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.

So now through the 20th: Submission Entries. Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. (Submissions after 11:59PM on the 21st will not be included in the competition)

On the 23rd through end of the month: A poll will be added containing the entered submissions. A voting poll will be created so that all members get the chance to vote on their favourite. The person with the most votes at the end of the month will be the winner for the month!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 AM
SoCal Nut/SuperModerator

My SSR:
Garage
Quote:
The following is a quote from the thread requesting submissions and does not mention anything about people in the pictures If you want the rules changed, now is notthe time to discuss it. Maybe bring it up again during the next nominating period

Quote:
5 photos; no more, no less. NO collages. Modifications list if you prefer*Pictures must be of current state of car... only exception is winter tires. Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included. If your wheels/retros/suspension/etc. are currently for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list. Cars that are currently for sale may not be submitted. No "Future Modifications" either*

Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.

So now through the 20th: Submission Entries. Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. (Submissions after 11:59PM on the 21st will not be included in the competition)

On the 23rd through end of the month: A poll will be added containing the entered submissions. A voting poll will be created so that all members get the chance to vote on their favourite. The person with the most votes at the end of the month will be the winner for the month!
donnys05ssr likes this.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 01:09 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Let's me get this straight. If I have the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders standing by my truck I can't submit that picture. CruDawg had Ms. America drive his and I know there are pictures of it. Than he couldn't submit that. Next there will be restrictions on what the weather is or the background when the picture is taken. Just my .02. (Sept ROTM winner).And why would anyone not want to vote for Santa.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:35 PM
ONE OWNER !!!!

My SSR:
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
Garage
I see nothing wrong with owners or people in the pictures that will not influence my vote, actually it puts a little personality to contest !!!!!!!

Jim & Sherrie

James Dean & Misstadoo
"Blessings can be big or small, but be sure to count them all
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:13 PM

My SSR:
'06 Slingshot yellow
Hard to choose. Next to yellow, love, love violet & aqua blur!
Jersey red likes this.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:28 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
OK REDLINE owners, we are a close second, let's make it two in a row. Vote vote vote.
Jersey red and shakatak like this.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:38 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Hey, all you Ricochet Silver and Smoking Asphalt owners, come on over to the good side and vote for Redline.
Jersey red and shakatak like this.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 AM
Ret. Air Force

My SSR:
Mazzy, 04 Silver, Custom Side Pipes, Flames on Doors, and One Sweet Looking @$$!!
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWT RYD View Post
Hey, all you Ricochet Silver and Smoking Asphalt owners, come on over to the good side and vote for Redline.
Begging SWT RYD, really!?!?
Silver's know a good thing when they see it...and it's the Yellar parked right next to that beautiful little lady!!

..."We live in fame or go down in flame."
(Hey! Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!!)

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:51 AM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruDawg View Post
Quote:
Begging SWT RYD, really!?!? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IMG]
Silver's know a good thing when they see it...and it's the Yellar parked right next to that beautiful little lady!!
[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
But remember @CruDawg . Santa's watching you.😆
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 03:50 PM

I never understood how such a beautiful violet could be a discontinued color until this moment...
Jersey red and SSR MINION like this.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Private SSR Investigator

My SSR:
"Kate" a Haughty Redhead, '06 Redline FPR 6 spd. #23333 Build Date 2/16/06
Garage
Oh, lots of votes for the cleavage! You dawgs!
Your wife is very pretty Pat
We Redlines need more votes for the pretty daughter smile - plus just a nice SSR!

Not exactly always a voter for the Redlines - the Aqua Blur is very pretty.
Very nice grouping - nice candidates.

"Such are the Vagaries of Life"
Ah, I'm Just Truckin' With Ya!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:29 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Old Yella 04 #10306
Garage
What a selection of fine SSR's for the month. 48 votes in so for and red coming on strong. They all look great good luck to all.
Sillypuddy and Old Yella
blueroadster06 and Jersey red like this.

Preventive maintenance is a must, but if it's not broke, don't fix it !!! Unless it makes it Prettier or Faster !!!
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Ret. Air Force

My SSR:
Mazzy, 04 Silver, Custom Side Pipes, Flames on Doors, and One Sweet Looking @$$!!
Garage
Quote:
But remember @CruDawg . Santa's watching you.
Robert,

I couldn't decide to cast my vote against Pat, in hopes he would have to run in next month's ROTM
Or, to cast my vote for him to win so he could post a new pic of his wife celebrating their victory!?!?

Either way, I'm getting coal in my stocking this year!!

..."We live in fame or go down in flame."
(Hey! Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!!)

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 11:24 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
The Roadster she looks better topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruDawg View Post
Robert,

I couldn't decide to cast my vote against Pat, in hopes he would have to run in next month's ROTM
Or, to cast my vote for him to win so he could post a new pic of his wife celebrating their victory!?!?

Either way, I'm getting coal in my stocking this year!!
you and me are getting coal in my stockings. no matter if she is wearing them or not....
Pat LeBlanc likes this.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 01:46 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
Old Yella 04 #10306
Garage
Hey @Pat LeBlanc , See what happens when you get passed the S.L. batton !!! LOL
CruDawg, PokerGuy and Pat LeBlanc like this.

Preventive maintenance is a must, but if it's not broke, don't fix it !!! Unless it makes it Prettier or Faster !!!
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 12:44 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
03 Slingshot #2924
OMG, it looks like hes finally gonna get across the finish line.
Pat LeBlanc likes this.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 08:49 AM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Finish Line, Ya SAy. Old Yeller crossed the finish line before he started. Nice win PAT. A ROTM winner for sure.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 03:50 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 SSR Modified W/Love
Opinion ROTM

Hello to all you beautiful SSR Fanatics out there in "R"Land! I would like to express my opinion with regard to with or without pictures of owners in the five photo submission. The "R" of the month is a beauty contest that is expressly directed to our SSR's. It is not a personality contest,of course there is a wonderful tie to the friends, guardians of these beautiful trucks, having said that, one man's opinion, certainly, there should be five photos of the ssr any one of three of five should feature,interior, engine bay, and exterior, these are the crucial areas that should be judged, the other two pictures can and usually support other accessories or features of the truck obviously. Keep in mind fanatics, this is a beauty contest,relative to the SSR only!
If this criteria was part of the judging, I think it would be most fair to all who participate with nice looking and well cared for SSR's credited votes. Have you ever noticed the pretty gals at a new car show explaining the attributes of a new model car,it's a proven fact feminine beauty always gets first looks, I might add, I go for the the pretty lady with nice beads everytime! PS: congratulations to the October ROTM winner!
donnys05ssr and shakatak like this.

HALSSSR
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 06:07 PM

I will tend to agree, but I would also like to add that I actually didn't have any good pictures other than than these at the time of my entry...
Congrats to LeWinner though.
TXNSSR likes this.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 06:27 PM
SSR Pit Crew

My SSR:
2005 Slingshot Yellow
Garage
Hello Studmuffin. Glad to see you have been entering your R Into the contests. Now you really have time to put In some really good pictures of your SSR, Just follow the rules for Entering your R, And you will really be on your way to the winners circle. Good luck
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 10:01 PM
My First Permagrin !

My SSR:
05 #18193 chrome wheels ,carpet kit , boards , gauge pack , sc tuner and a ton of mikes stuff
Garage
congratulations Pat !
very nice SSR and very pretty copilot .
also Studmuffin , SSRGEEZER we are all winners just owning an SSR.
Thanks to all that took the time and voted . Dave
sillypuddy and Pat LeBlanc like this.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:05 AM

My SSR:
2004 Sling Shot Yellow, purchased with 44,000 miles on February 26, 2018
Garage
Thanks to all who voted (79 is the second most this year, second only to 80 in March). A special thanks to all who voted for my 2004 Regarding the pictures, this is the 5th month with the same 5 pictures. Why all the hub bub now?
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
RedHotSSR
Supporting Member

My SSR:
Redline 2004 Purchased 2011 41,000 mi.
Thumbs up Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat LeBlanc View Post
Thanks to all who voted (79 is the second most this year, second only to 80 in March). A special thanks to all who voted for my 2004 Regarding the pictures, this is the 5th month with the same 5 pictures. Why all the hub bub now?
Remember in Louisiana WE vote early and often Congratulations "Young Man"

P.S. now go fix that Bow Tie it's a little crooked.
Pat LeBlanc likes this.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:39 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
05 redline auto 23k
Garage
Congratulations Pat. I rallyed for the REDLINE's but the voters thought you had the better of the 4. Nice looking "RIDE".
Jersey red and Pat LeBlanc like this.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 05:47 PM
SSR Pit Crew
Supporting Member

My SSR:
04 Redline #9973
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroadster06 View Post
you and me are getting coal in my stockings. no matter if she is wearing them or not....
Coal I could use, I get snowman poop.

Jersey red likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Chevy SSR Forum > SSR Discussion > ROTM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SSR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in